Re: Request for NOAA climate record feature

    Message 1 of 103 , Apr 23, 2013
      Don,

      Did you add "Wind Run" to your output?

      That might be popular.

      > I fixed the issue with counting empty days.
      >
      > You're going to have to tell me what categories you would like added at the
      > bottom. I've found it's always best if I don't assume what someone wants.
      > ;)
      >
      > I could add humidity and pressure but yes we might run out of room on the
      > paper. I would actually rather have humidity and pressure than heating and
      > cooling days. I don't see that really gives you much information while
      > humidity and pressure do.
      >
      > I'll take a look at it.
      >
      > Don
      >

      > On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 1:22 PM, Rogo <steve.rogowski@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Hey Don,
      > >
      > > I just downloaded and tested update 9. It works perfectly, I was able to
      > > print in landscape no problem.
      > >
      > > There seems to be an error where # days of temps above and below a certain
      > > threshold are calculated. I have a month missing half the days and it would
      > > count the missing days as T<32 max and T<0 min.
      > >
      > > Its coming along nicely. I would suggest creating more categories at the
      > > bottom of the month for number of days of Temperature and Precipitation
      > > above and below certain thresholds.
      > >
      > > You have all the variables the original template had. Now that I look at
      > > it, I wonder if it is worth adding Humidity/Pressure information similar to
      > > the way you present Temperature? I would rank Humidity as more important
      > > than Pressure. It may turn out that its too much data to fit on one
      > > landscape page. What do you think?
      > >
      > > Excellent Job!
      > >
      > > --
      > making something that doesn't suck.

    • Steve Rogowski
      Message 103 of 103 , May 12, 2013
        Probably. But I was able to grab them from version 9. Now printing works well.

        Thanks,
        Steve

        On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:

        Yes you need the files that were in the earlier versions.  Perhaps I should include them each time?

        On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Steve Rogowski <steve.rogowski@...> wrote:

        Don,

        Nice! It picked up data for both April and May now.

        I especially appreciate being able to edit the data before generating the webpage. I had a day with bad rainfall data and was able to correct it and the monthly total in your GUI. The only figure I could not correct was the max daily rainfall calculated at the bottom.

        I was unable to print, I don't know if that feature was supposed to work in this version. Got an error when attempting print preview and print...perhaps I am just missing some files?

        Thanks,
        Steve

        On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:

        There's a new version that has the changes to the columns suggested by Steve (Rogo) and a decent web page maker.  If you use the web page then make sure you put the noaastyle.css in the same folder as you put the html file.  You can change lots of things using the CSS file.

        Don