Minor update.

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2005
      I made a few small changes today. The new file is version 1.0.6.

      I modified the WU metar upload portion so that the data will be
      uploaded for a period of one hour from the time the observation is
      made (rather than erasing it at the top of the hour). Since this is
      not a real metar report, it does not make sense to clear it at the
      top of the hour. If reporting the metar data for a different time
      period is desirable, let me know (maybe user conigurable?).

      I also added the ability to add remarks to the cloud and weather
      reporting areas. I added this for more advanced users who want to
      upload an advanced remarks section. I was going to create sepeate
      screen for entering all possible remarks, but that seemed like a lot
      of effort for the few that might use that feature. WU does seem to
      just capture whatever you send in this area and display it (for
      instance TORNADOS IN AREA should work). I am not sure if they limit
      the size of this string or not.

      ***Please refrain from uploading any data that is not part of the
      Metar specification in this area (HI MOM for instance). We would not
      want WU to prevent us from using this field for real observations.

      For whatever reason, WU does not seem to change the current
      conditions icon based on wheather or not you are providing the
      current conditions (cloud, weather). In my case, current conditions
      are taken from a nearby airport. It may be that only weather stations
      providing real metar data are used for this purpose. As far as I can
      see, it just adds a new column in the history data when it is
      reported. This is still a useful feature I think, especially if
      severe weather conditions exist, in which case you could pass that
      information on to others (if they view your history data).

      Well, that is it for now, let me know if you have any recommendations.