COM Port issue

  • Tony R
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 19, 2013
      Hello everyone - If anyone knows about Arduino UNO boards, it may be helpful, BUT not necessary.
      It seems since I added the Arduino, WUHU is not working. I did change the Arduino board to COM4 as it mounted itself on COM3.
      Now the reason I bring up COM3....with WUHU shut down, I enter SETUP, the settings I have, HAVE NOT changed at all. Within the CONSOLE TYPE box I have WMR100/WMRS200-USB, just to the right is the PORT selection. It is set at COM3, but is greyed out.
      Anyone have a suggestion on where I should start looking for the issue.
      Going to let WUHU run for bit so I can capture issues in the log...Thinking it could be helpful :)

      Tony
    • Ken
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 20, 2013
        What is the device manager showing for the com: ports? Port assignment is a function of the O/S. I am not that familiar with the Arduino but recall it did have USB and wonder if you could disable its serial port. I have a little Atom computer about that size that I communicate with it using TightVNC to control things.

        I mucked with serial since we set jumpers and it has always been a pain. At least they also dumped parallel -- that was a real bag of worms. Software control by the O/S only makes for more troubles.

        I'd pull the Arduino. View the device manager. attach it. view again.
        That may show you the conflict. Also look at the spec to see if the Arduino set a control port at an offset that may cause the conflict.