Question about Rainfall Reporting

  • Rogo
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 19, 2013
      All -

      I have a question about the rainfall reporting that WUHU does for CWOP. I see one value being reported (or at least that shows up on MesoWest which is for the last 24 hours).

      Other stations report multiple rainfall periods, 1hr, 3hr, 6hr, 12hr in addition to 24hr. Can CWOP stations do that? If so, is it possible to have WUHU report this data?

      I ask because I am in the profession and I plot this data on shorter time frames and I noticed my station only comes up for a 24hr plot, not the shorter ones.

      Thanks!
      Steve
    • Han Brouwer-Keij
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 19, 2013
        Perhaps you can read data from your history.dat file.

        greetings,
        Han

        On 20-4-2013 2:43, Rogo wrote:

        All -

        I have a question about the rainfall reporting that WUHU does for CWOP. I see one value being reported (or at least that shows up on MesoWest which is for the last 24 hours).

        Other stations report multiple rainfall periods, 1hr, 3hr, 6hr, 12hr in addition to 24hr. Can CWOP stations do that? If so, is it possible to have WUHU report this data?

        I ask because I am in the profession and I plot this data on shorter time frames and I noticed my station only comes up for a 24hr plot, not the shorter ones.

        Thanks!
        Steve

        Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
        Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
        Versie: 2013.0.3272 / Virusdatabase: 3162/6256 - datum van uitgifte: 04/19/13

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 21, 2013
          WUHU reports 1 hour, daily, and 24 hour rain totals to CWOP.

          The last time I looked this is all that was accepted.

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Rogo" <steve.rogowski@...> wrote:

          > All -
          >
          > I have a question about the rainfall reporting that WUHU does for CWOP. I see one value being reported (or at least that shows up on MesoWest which is for the last 24 hours).
          >
          > Other stations report multiple rainfall periods, 1hr, 3hr, 6hr, 12hr in addition to 24hr. Can CWOP stations do that? If so, is it possible to have WUHU report this data?
          >
          > I ask because I am in the profession and I plot this data on shorter time frames and I noticed my station only comes up for a 24hr plot, not the shorter ones.
          >
          > Thanks!
          > Steve

        • Rogo
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 21, 2013
            Hmmm, must be downstream either CWOP or MADIS/MesoWest where the data drops off. Thanks for checking!