Off topic, mostly

  • Bob Tyszka
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 13, 2013
          There was a news story recently that the death watch for Windows XP.  What does this really mean and how long will XP work?

          I'm a MAC user and have a netbook running XP to upload my weather data.  What sort of alternative to XP is there that I could use on the netbook to keep uploading WUHU data?

      Thanks;

      Bob Tyszka
      California City, CA
      CW9012 / KCACALIF5

      Click
for California City, California Forecast

    • Ken
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 13, 2013
        It only means the end of support. No more fixes.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Bob Tyszka <baluncru@...> wrote:

        > There was a news story recently that the death watch for Windows
        > XP. What does this really mean and how long will XP work?
        >
        > I'm a MAC user and have a netbook running XP to upload my weather
        > data. What sort of alternative to XP is there that I could use on the
        > netbook to keep uploading WUHU data?
        >
        > Thanks;
        >
        > *Bob Tyszka
        > California City, CA
        > CW9012 / KCACALIF5
        > *
        >
        > Click for California City, California Forecast
        > <http://www.wunderground.com/US/CA/California_City.html?bannertypeclick=bigwx>

      • Tony Randazzo
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 13, 2013
          A suggestion to all, make sure you download every single possible driver, update etc you can get before they stop it.
          Store it, it will be hell trying to find them later.
          I have a few that I needed to get back ups on...I feel much safer Smile
          Tony

          Sincerely,
          Tony Randazzo

          --- In mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com, Bob Tyszka <baluncru@...> wrote:

          > There was a news story
          recently that the death watch for Windows
          > XP. What does this really
          mean and how long will XP work?

          > I'm a MAC user and have a
          netbook running XP to upload my weather