Re: Request for NOAA climate record feature

  • KNHBRIST1
    Message 1 of 103 , Apr 7 12:21 PM
      Will give it a shot

      > If anyone is interested in trying out an Alpha version of the NOAA Report
      > Maker you can get it here.
      >
      > http://donlafferty.com/NOAAReportMaker0001.zip
      >
      > When you download it your browser is probably going to tell you it's
      > questionable and suggest you discard it. If that bothers you then you
      > probably don't want to be involved in testing this.
      >
      > After you download it unzip it somewhere on your hard drive. The zip file
      > has the program and several DLL files that will be needed later when I add
      > PDF support.
      >
      > I would put the files in a folder that you can easily find. I use one in
      > the My Documents folder usually.
      >
      > After you have it unzipped click on File/Open File and a file dialog will
      > pop up. Navigate to your WUHU folder and find the .dat file that has a
      > name similar to HW Pro History.dat or similar. Make sure it's NOT the WUHU
      > History.dat file as that will not work.
      >
      > You must have clicked the Weather Pro Compatible History file (LaCrosse
      > format) in your setup to create one of these files. If you hadn't done
      > that before make sure you do it and then let WUHU create a few records
      > before you read the file.
      >
      > I am looking for feedback on a few things.
      > 1) Does it work for you and if not what error messages do you get?
      > 2) If it works what do you think about the format? I will be adding more
      > info to each of the tabs that are created but for now it's just the monthly
      > data.
      > 3) Any other suggestions you have.
      >
      > Thanks for trying it
      > Don
      >

      > On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 9:46 AM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Yes that's the way I'm doing it now.
      > >

      > > On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 9:41 AM, wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...>wrote:
      > >
      > >> **
      > >>

      > >> I am not sure actually. I am guessing that was supposed to represent the
      > >> new rainfall since the last measurement. It is really un-necessary as you
      > >> can just subtract the last measurement total with the latest measurement to
      > >> determine the "new" rainfall amount.

      > >> just

      > >> total.

    • Steve Rogowski
      Message 103 of 103 , May 12, 2013
        Probably. But I was able to grab them from version 9. Now printing works well.

        Thanks,
        Steve

        On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:

        Yes you need the files that were in the earlier versions.  Perhaps I should include them each time?

        On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Steve Rogowski <steve.rogowski@...> wrote:

        Don,

        Nice! It picked up data for both April and May now.

        I especially appreciate being able to edit the data before generating the webpage. I had a day with bad rainfall data and was able to correct it and the monthly total in your GUI. The only figure I could not correct was the max daily rainfall calculated at the bottom.

        I was unable to print, I don't know if that feature was supposed to work in this version. Got an error when attempting print preview and print...perhaps I am just missing some files?

        Thanks,
        Steve

        On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:

        There's a new version that has the changes to the columns suggested by Steve (Rogo) and a decent web page maker.  If you use the web page then make sure you put the noaastyle.css in the same folder as you put the html file.  You can change lots of things using the CSS file.

        Don