Re: Request for NOAA climate record feature

    Message 1 of 103 , Apr 5 8:27 AM
      I have about a 157 MB file, not yet zipped.

      Let me know how you would like to receive it.

      > I need the largest copy of a HWProHistory.dat file that someone is willing
      > to send me. It will have to be zipped or rar or even 7z but if you have
      > one that has been keeping history for a year or more I would like a copy.
      >
      > My largest is 150 MB but has only been going for about 5 months.
      >
      > If you have one and are willing to send it to me or put it on an ftp server
      > let me know and I'll give you my email address.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Don
      >

      > On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 4:27 PM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I'm sorry I should have mentioned that was just a status update. It
      > > currently doesn't do anything useful. As soon as it does I'll make it
      > > available.
      > >

      > > On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 3:43 PM, Han Brouwer-Keij <
      > > han.brouwer-keij@...> wrote:
      > >
      > >> **
      > >>

      > >> Where to download?
      > >>
      > >> Han
      > >>

      > >> On 5-4-2013 0:30, Don Lafferty wrote:
      > >>

      > >> I've got a simple working program that will read a WS 3600 file into an
      > >> array structure.
      > >>
      > >> I have a file that's been going since November of last year and it's
      > >> almost 150 MB in size with over 2.5 million records.
      > >>
      > >> How large can that file get?
      > >>
      > >> My program reads the data in very quickly ( ~ 13 seconds to read the
      > >> full 150 MB file) so a large file doesn't really cause problems but 2.5
      > >> million records is only 5 months. I can imagine if someone has a file
      > >> that's been filling for several years.
      > >>
      > >> Oh yeah, what's the key to the wind direction? Everything else makes
      > >> sense.
      > >>
      > >> Don

      > >> --
      > >> The day Microsoft starts making vacuum cleaners is the day they start
      > >> making something that doesn't suck.
      > >>
      > >> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
      > >> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
      > >> Versie: 2013.0.3267 / Virusdatabase: 3162/6224 - datum van uitgifte:
      > >> 04/04/13
      > >>

      > >> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
      > >> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
      > >> Versie: 2013.0.3267 / Virusdatabase: 3162/6224 - datum van uitgifte:
      > >> 04/04/13
      > >>

      > > --
      > > making something that doesn't suck.
      > >

      > --
      > making something that doesn't suck.

    • Steve Rogowski
      Message 103 of 103 , May 12, 2013
        Probably. But I was able to grab them from version 9. Now printing works well.

        Thanks,
        Steve

        On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:

        Yes you need the files that were in the earlier versions.  Perhaps I should include them each time?

        On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Steve Rogowski <steve.rogowski@...> wrote:

        Don,

        Nice! It picked up data for both April and May now.

        I especially appreciate being able to edit the data before generating the webpage. I had a day with bad rainfall data and was able to correct it and the monthly total in your GUI. The only figure I could not correct was the max daily rainfall calculated at the bottom.

        I was unable to print, I don't know if that feature was supposed to work in this version. Got an error when attempting print preview and print...perhaps I am just missing some files?

        Thanks,
        Steve

        On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:

        There's a new version that has the changes to the columns suggested by Steve (Rogo) and a decent web page maker.  If you use the web page then make sure you put the noaastyle.css in the same folder as you put the html file.  You can change lots of things using the CSS file.

        Don