Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Request for NOAA climate record feature

  • Don Lafferty
    Message 1 of 103 , Apr 3, 2013
      Here's the VB Structure.

          Private Structure WeatherRecord3600
              Public DateStamp As Double
              Public ABSPressure As Single
              Public RelPressure As Single
              Public WindSpeed As Single
              Public WindDirection As ULong
              Public WindGust As Single
              Public TotalRainfall As Single
              Public NewRainfall As Single
              Public IndoorTemp As Single
              Public OutdoorTemp As Single
              Public IndoorHumidity As Single
              Public OutdoorHumidity As Single
              Public unknown As ULong
          End Structure

      On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 5:40 PM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
      Wow those are some really simple looking reports.  I don't see it taking much to make something similar to those once I get the ability to read the data files.

      I looked at the WUHU History.dat file from one of my stations and it didn't seem to make too much sense compared to what Heath posted earlier.  It looks like there is a lot of empty space between each record.  I did see that the data looks like it only takes about 56 bytes or so but the next record doesn't show up for many empty bytes.

      I have to admit I haven't done a lot of reading binary data files.  I usually have ASCII files so I do need to do a little reading up on how to bring them in using VB.

      Don

      On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 4:44 PM, marcelcanine <marcelcanine@...> wrote:

      I would like to comment on this.

      The thing I like best about WUHU is that it is small simple and reliable. I run it on a netbook and it simply runs for months sometimes without me having to touch it. I read where other more complicated do it all programs like Weather Display and Virtual Weather station seem to be always be crashing or locking up.

      Please try to keep WUHU as close to it as possible. There are plenty of programs out there that can be used by people who want the program to publish web sites and create all kinds of fancy reports. Some of us just want a simple program to upload to established sites that works with little maintenance.

      > Steve,
      >
      > It would be a nice feature to have but like everything else it takes time. With a full-time job my time is limited to weekends only. A feature like this could easily consume a day to implement properly.
      >
      > As to implementing it, this could easily be added as a feature for analyzing the history files, especially if you have them broken up by month automatically (easy to do). Since the data is already loaded at that point, it would just be a matter of running through a few routines to create the line by line output.
      >
      > This could also be done as a separate executable that takes the history files as input.
      >
      > If anyone out there is a software developer and so inclined as to pitch in with such an effort, I can supply details about how to implement this.
      >
      > Thanks.
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Rogo" <steve.rogowski@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello...
      > >
      > > First off this WUHU software is awesome. I just set up a weather station and it made looking at and uploading the data so easy.
      > >
      > > I used WeatherLink (From Davis) for a short bit. I liked the NOAA report feature where it would summarize the month (by day) and year (by month). Does WUHU offer something like this already? If not, would you be inclined to add such a report feature (to create PDF files for archiving)?
      > >
      > > Thanks!
      > > Steve

    • Steve Rogowski
      Message 103 of 103 , May 12, 2013
        Probably. But I was able to grab them from version 9. Now printing works well.

        Thanks,
        Steve

        On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:

        Yes you need the files that were in the earlier versions.  Perhaps I should include them each time?

        On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Steve Rogowski <steve.rogowski@...> wrote:

        Don,

        Nice! It picked up data for both April and May now.

        I especially appreciate being able to edit the data before generating the webpage. I had a day with bad rainfall data and was able to correct it and the monthly total in your GUI. The only figure I could not correct was the max daily rainfall calculated at the bottom.

        I was unable to print, I don't know if that feature was supposed to work in this version. Got an error when attempting print preview and print...perhaps I am just missing some files?

        Thanks,
        Steve

        On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:

        There's a new version that has the changes to the columns suggested by Steve (Rogo) and a decent web page maker.  If you use the web page then make sure you put the noaastyle.css in the same folder as you put the html file.  You can change lots of things using the CSS file.

        Don