Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Request for NOAA climate record feature

  • John Liss
    Message 1 of 103 , Apr 3, 2013
      I looked into running my own NOAA style reports.  Since I also use vws I never completed it.

      There is a lot involved.

      Wuhu can easily create daily.csv files that hold the values you want via the action file.

      Next parse though them.  Find the high:low:avg  for the day.

      The easiest would be produce a txt file that this can read

      On Apr 3, 2013, at 10:53 AM, "Don Lafferty" <don@...> wrote:

      This might be something I would be interested in creating.  I would need to know just what kinds of information is in it and what someone would want to do with it.

      I have all kinds of .NET experience (mainly VB but some C#) and I'm a MySQL veteran.

      I am also experienced with creating websites and using PHP.

      Don

      On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 3:18 AM, wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...> wrote:

      Steve,

      It would be a nice feature to have but like everything else it takes time. With a full-time job my time is limited to weekends only. A feature like this could easily consume a day to implement properly.

      As to implementing it, this could easily be added as a feature for analyzing the history files, especially if you have them broken up by month automatically (easy to do). Since the data is already loaded at that point, it would just be a matter of running through a few routines to create the line by line output.

      This could also be done as a separate executable that takes the history files as input.

      If anyone out there is a software developer and so inclined as to pitch in with such an effort, I can supply details about how to implement this.

      Thanks.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Rogo" <steve.rogowski@...> wrote:

      > Hello...
      >
      > First off this WUHU software is awesome. I just set up a weather station and it made looking at and uploading the data so easy.
      >
      > I used WeatherLink (From Davis) for a short bit. I liked the NOAA report feature where it would summarize the month (by day) and year (by month). Does WUHU offer something like this already? If not, would you be inclined to add such a report feature (to create PDF files for archiving)?
      >
      > Thanks!
      > Steve

    • Steve Rogowski
      Message 103 of 103 , May 12 4:20 PM
        Probably. But I was able to grab them from version 9. Now printing works well.

        Thanks,
        Steve

        On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 5:05 PM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:

        Yes you need the files that were in the earlier versions.  Perhaps I should include them each time?

        On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Steve Rogowski <steve.rogowski@...> wrote:

        Don,

        Nice! It picked up data for both April and May now.

        I especially appreciate being able to edit the data before generating the webpage. I had a day with bad rainfall data and was able to correct it and the monthly total in your GUI. The only figure I could not correct was the max daily rainfall calculated at the bottom.

        I was unable to print, I don't know if that feature was supposed to work in this version. Got an error when attempting print preview and print...perhaps I am just missing some files?

        Thanks,
        Steve

        On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:

        There's a new version that has the changes to the columns suggested by Steve (Rogo) and a decent web page maker.  If you use the web page then make sure you put the noaastyle.css in the same folder as you put the html file.  You can change lots of things using the CSS file.

        Don