Rain Total Change

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 31, 2006
      WuHU,
      I just started Heavyweather like I do every few days to download ny
      history data.
      I cleared all the rain total as I do at the end of every Month.
      When I started WUHU it gace me an exceed 1hr rainfall total.
      I looked at the current and history display and now it shows:
      Rainfall 1 hour 1.39 current & high
      Rainfall 24 hours:1.39 current & high
      Rainfall total: 0 Current High 1.39
      Rainfall daily 1.39 Current & High

      WU now shows 1.39 for todays rain.

      Should be a total of 1.39 for the Month.
      It was OK until now.

      I do not remember it doing this last Month.

      Hope you can help me on this.

      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 31, 2006
        Steve,

        That is odd, what was the rain total before you cleared it?

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 31, 2006
          1.39

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 31, 2006
            I went back and opened Heavyweather just to make sure there were no
            problems there and it reads 0.0 for all rain data.

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 31, 2006
              The total before was the 1.39"

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 31, 2006
                It continues to record the 1.39 inches at WU, ever upload.

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 31, 2006
                  Another change:
                  WU is no longer reporting any rainfall.
                  it reported 1.39 from 17:17 to 18:03

                  WUHU now shows;
                  1 hour 0.0 current 1.39 high
                  24 hour 1.39 current & high
                  Rain total 0.0 Current 1.39 high
                  Daily 1.39 current & high

                  steve
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 31, 2006
                    Steve,

                    I will need to change the software to detect rainfall resets.

                    In the meantime, you can quit WUHU, goto the WUHU program directory,
                    and delete the WUHU 24 Hour History.dat file.

                    You will lose all of your readings for the past 24 hours but it will
                    correct the problem for now.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 31, 2006
                      Once I delete that, will it change the data that WU has?
                      I am assuming not!

                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 31, 2006
                        WUHU,
                        This did not happen last Month and I did the same thing.

                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 31, 2006
                          WUHU,
                          I did it and just hit stop and all the data came back.
                          I shut doen the wuhu program completely, deleted the file and it all
                          reset after that.
                          Now all rau=infall data is 0.00.

                          Thanks,