Re: Frozen indicator

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 25, 2013
      That would be fun to be in those wind speed with say 80 degree temps in a tropical depression (not a hurricane).

      I think the highest sustained winds that I have been in would be around 50-60 MPH. We have a lot of old growth trees around here and they start falling like twigs in even that kind of wind speed.

      At 90 MPH, the state would be shut down and the national guard would have to come in to restore order.

      A big part of that problem is that these large trees quickly engulf the power lines and the power company's tree trimming crews just can't keep up with the growth of the trees. It is always a battle.

      > When I was up there we received wind gusting to 98.6 MPH while out on the deck. I don't remember the temp, but was well below zero F.
      > We all lost our footings while out there, and got blown across the deck.
      > Steve

      > > 102 MPH gust in the last 24 hours.
      > >
      > > Amazing.
      > >

      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "KNHBRIST1" <steve_03222@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

    • Ken
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 25, 2013
        "At 90 MPH, the state would be shut down and the national guard would have to come in to restore order."

        Hadn't realized Detroit is that windy. ;-)
      • H. Smith
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 25, 2013

          When we do have events like that, it is a mess.

          A few years back, an entire row of old trees fell on to the rooftops of homes.

          What a mess.

          I lost a fence and it just missed by roof line by inches.

          Damn Chinese Elm. Stuff grows tall but it is weak. They grow like weeds.