Re: WuHu

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 16, 2013
      That is a tough call. Could be the order that the drivers are brought up under Windows. It sounds like a Microsoft driver mystery if I had to guess. Can you check under the properties under the drivers to see if there are any options that you might be able to choose?

      Other than that, I have no idea why the port numbers would change.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Eternal Danation" <weatherbear@...> wrote:

      > Yes, there are 2. I assumed it was because I'm running 2 vues at the same time on that computer. Only installed Virtual VP or whatever it's called with the first Vue, when I hooked up the second I poked around the ports until I found one that worked. Just seems odd that the virtual serial ports change back and forth, sometimes one becomes the other, and others it's entirely different. Anyway, I uploaded a couple of screen shots for ya.
      >
      > Dan

      > > It sounds like maybe there are multiple USB to serial bridges installed. When you look under serial ports / lpt ports in the device manager, do you see multiple instances of the virtual serial port or just one?
      > >
      > > I am running XP with a Davis VP Pro and have never had an issue so far.
      > >

      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Eternal Danation" <weatherbear@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Every time I install a windows update, and sometimes even after I reboot my machine, I have to change one or both comports on the 2 vues I'm running on the same machine. I'm using usb with the virtual serial port feature, not sure why they always bounce around like that. Seems com port 6 is used most often, but 8,9 and 10 have come up as well in the crap shoot.
      > > >
      > > > dan

    • Eternal Danation
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 16, 2013
        no options that I can see. not a huge deal, just found it a little quirky. good old windows 7.

        dan

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 16, 2013
          By the way, how are those two Vue units holding up?

          Is the data matching well?

          Thanks.

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 16, 2013
            Both working fine. As expected, the one on the roof gets higher wind gusts, less rain, warmer nights, and cooler days than the one on the south-facing hill.

            > By the way, how are those two Vue units holding up?
            >
            > Is the data matching well?
            >
            > Thanks.
            >
            > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Eternal Danation" <weatherbear@> wrote:
            > >
            > > no options that I can see. not a huge deal, just found it a little quirky. good old windows 7.
            > >
            > > dan

            > > > That is a tough call. Could be the order that the drivers are brought up under Windows. It sounds like a Microsoft driver mystery if I had to guess. Can you check under the properties under the drivers to see if there are any options that you might be able to choose?
            > > >
            > > > Other than that, I have no idea why the port numbers would change.

          • dick
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
              I went ahead and installed it reentered the comport and weather id id and password it did it the way I always do a wuhu upgrade did not change anything.