Re: WuHu

  • Eternal Danation
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 16, 2013
      Every time I install a windows update, and sometimes even after I reboot my machine, I have to change one or both comports on the 2 vues I'm running on the same machine. I'm using usb with the virtual serial port feature, not sure why they always bounce around like that. Seems com port 6 is used most often, but 8,9 and 10 have come up as well in the crap shoot.

      dan

      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 16, 2013
        It sounds like maybe there are multiple USB to serial bridges installed. When you look under serial ports / lpt ports in the device manager, do you see multiple instances of the virtual serial port or just one?

        I am running XP with a Davis VP Pro and have never had an issue so far.

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 16, 2013
          Yes, there are 2. I assumed it was because I'm running 2 vues at the same time on that computer. Only installed Virtual VP or whatever it's called with the first Vue, when I hooked up the second I poked around the ports until I found one that worked. Just seems odd that the virtual serial ports change back and forth, sometimes one becomes the other, and others it's entirely different. Anyway, I uploaded a couple of screen shots for ya.

          Dan

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 16, 2013
            That is a tough call. Could be the order that the drivers are brought up under Windows. It sounds like a Microsoft driver mystery if I had to guess. Can you check under the properties under the drivers to see if there are any options that you might be able to choose?

            Other than that, I have no idea why the port numbers would change.

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 16, 2013
              no options that I can see. not a huge deal, just found it a little quirky. good old windows 7.

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 16, 2013
                By the way, how are those two Vue units holding up?

                Is the data matching well?

                Thanks.

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 16, 2013
                  Both working fine. As expected, the one on the roof gets higher wind gusts, less rain, warmer nights, and cooler days than the one on the south-facing hill.

                  > By the way, how are those two Vue units holding up?
                  >
                  > Is the data matching well?
                  >
                  > Thanks.
                  >
                  > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Eternal Danation" <weatherbear@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > no options that I can see. not a huge deal, just found it a little quirky. good old windows 7.
                  > >
                  > > dan

                  > > > That is a tough call. Could be the order that the drivers are brought up under Windows. It sounds like a Microsoft driver mystery if I had to guess. Can you check under the properties under the drivers to see if there are any options that you might be able to choose?
                  > > >
                  > > > Other than that, I have no idea why the port numbers would change.

                • dick
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
                    I went ahead and installed it reentered the comport and weather id id and password it did it the way I always do a wuhu upgrade did not change anything.