Re: WuHu

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 16, 2013
      Dick,

      That is interesting... Did you change the default install path when installing the upgrade? That is the only way I can see the settings being reset. Search the hard drive for WUHU*.INI to see if you have multiple copies of that file. All settings are stored in there. If you believe that they are getting lost, back up that file before the new install.

      I do rely on the installer doing what it is supposed to do. This Installshield program is very dated and certainly was written 10 years ago, way before Vista, 7, etc. There could easily be a bug in it when it is supposed to NOT overwrite your INI file.

      Please let me know if you have multiple INIs.

      Thanks.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "dick" <rhsj209@...> wrote:

      > After doing numerous upgrades to this software this upgrade reset everything back original settings had to redo the com port and renter id and password. I believe this is the first time this has happened

    • Kris Olmstead, W2FLR
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 16, 2013
        I just upgraded to V.214 (thanks for the quick patch, Heath) and used
        the default path during install. All previous settings remained
        untouched. Of course, I'm running XP which is a bit more forgiving than
        W7 or W8.

        //Kris
        fingerlakesweather.com

        On 03/16/2013 12:37 PM, wuhu_software wrote:

        > Dick,
        >
        > That is interesting... Did you change the default install path when installing the upgrade? That is the only way I can see the settings being reset. Search the hard drive for WUHU*.INI to see if you have multiple copies of that file. All settings are stored in there. If you believe that they are getting lost, back up that file before the new install.
        >
        > I do rely on the installer doing what it is supposed to do. This Installshield program is very dated and certainly was written 10 years ago, way before Vista, 7, etc. There could easily be a bug in it when it is supposed to NOT overwrite your INI file.
        >
        > Please let me know if you have multiple INIs.
        >
        > Thanks.
        >

        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "dick" <rhsj209@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> After doing numerous upgrades to this software this upgrade reset everything back original settings had to redo the com port and renter id and password. I believe this is the first time this has happened

        > WUHU Download page:

      • Eternal Danation
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 16, 2013
          Every time I install a windows update, and sometimes even after I reboot my machine, I have to change one or both comports on the 2 vues I'm running on the same machine. I'm using usb with the virtual serial port feature, not sure why they always bounce around like that. Seems com port 6 is used most often, but 8,9 and 10 have come up as well in the crap shoot.

          dan

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 16, 2013
            It sounds like maybe there are multiple USB to serial bridges installed. When you look under serial ports / lpt ports in the device manager, do you see multiple instances of the virtual serial port or just one?

            I am running XP with a Davis VP Pro and have never had an issue so far.

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 16, 2013
              Yes, there are 2. I assumed it was because I'm running 2 vues at the same time on that computer. Only installed Virtual VP or whatever it's called with the first Vue, when I hooked up the second I poked around the ports until I found one that worked. Just seems odd that the virtual serial ports change back and forth, sometimes one becomes the other, and others it's entirely different. Anyway, I uploaded a couple of screen shots for ya.

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 16, 2013
                That is a tough call. Could be the order that the drivers are brought up under Windows. It sounds like a Microsoft driver mystery if I had to guess. Can you check under the properties under the drivers to see if there are any options that you might be able to choose?

                Other than that, I have no idea why the port numbers would change.

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 16, 2013
                  no options that I can see. not a huge deal, just found it a little quirky. good old windows 7.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 16, 2013
                    By the way, how are those two Vue units holding up?

                    Is the data matching well?

                    Thanks.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 16, 2013
                      Both working fine. As expected, the one on the roof gets higher wind gusts, less rain, warmer nights, and cooler days than the one on the south-facing hill.

                      > By the way, how are those two Vue units holding up?
                      >
                      > Is the data matching well?
                      >
                      > Thanks.
                      >
                      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Eternal Danation" <weatherbear@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > no options that I can see. not a huge deal, just found it a little quirky. good old windows 7.
                      > >
                      > > dan

                      > > > That is a tough call. Could be the order that the drivers are brought up under Windows. It sounds like a Microsoft driver mystery if I had to guess. Can you check under the properties under the drivers to see if there are any options that you might be able to choose?
                      > > >
                      > > > Other than that, I have no idea why the port numbers would change.

                    • dick
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 27, 2013
                        I went ahead and installed it reentered the comport and weather id id and password it did it the way I always do a wuhu upgrade did not change anything.