Re: Yet another bug in WS3600 Heavy Weather?

    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 20, 2005
      David,

      I was refering to the WS2300 series. I was not aware that the WS3600
      maintained gust informaiton.

      Do we know if the gust information is stored in the currdat.lst file?

      Is it stored in the histor.dat file?

      Thanks.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "David Higgins"

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 20, 2005
        David,

        I found the info for decoding the history.dat file.

        You are right, the 3600 does record wind gust whereas the 2300 does
        not.

        HeavyWeather History File Format
        --------------------------------

        Last Updated 2005/7/8
        Compiled by Ben Udall

        By default, weather history is stored in the history.dat file in the
        HeavyWeather folder. HeavyWeather and HeavyWeatherPro use two
        different
        formats, both of which are presented below. Initial format
        information
        for HeavyWeatherPro was taken from Cyril Cavadore's program
        (http://www.astrosurf.com/cavadore/meteo/stations_meteo/lacrosse/)

        *******************

        HeavyWeather V2.0 beta
        La Crosse WS-2310 and WS-2315 weather stations

        Each row of data is stored in 36 byte chunks starting from the
        beginning of
        the file (no header).

        Row
        Offset Type Name Unit
        ------ --------- ---------------- -----
        00 ULong [4] unknown - (Value is always 1)
        04 ULong [4] Timestamp seconds from 1/1/1900 00:00:00
        (GMT)
        08 Float [4] Abs Pressure hectopascals (millibars)
        12 Float [4] Wind Speed meters/second
        16 ULong [4] Wind Direction see below
        20 Float [4] Total Rainfall millimeters
        24 Float [4] Indoor Temp Celsius
        28 Float [4] Outdoor Temp Celsius
        32 UWord [2] Indoor Humidity %
        34 UWord [2] Outdoor Humidity %

        At the end of the file is an additional 28 bytes providing
        information about
        the dataset as a whole.

        Offset Type Description
        ------ --------- ----------------
        00 ULong [4] unknown
        04 Ulong [4] unknown (0)
        08 Float [4] unknown (5.698)
        12 ULong [4] unknown (0)
        16 ULong [4] Number of rows
        20 ULong [4] Timestamp of the first row of data
        24 ULong [4] Timestamp of the last row of data

        *******************

        HeavyWeatherPro V1.1
        La Crosse WS-3610 weather station

        Each row of data is stored in 56 byte chunks starting from the
        beginning of
        the file (no header).

        ROW
        OFFSET Type Name Unit
        ------ --------- ---------------- -----
        00 Double [8] Timestamp days from 12/30/1899 00:00:00
        (GMT)
        08 Float [4] Abs Pressure hectopascals (millibars)
        12 Float [4] Relative Pressure hectopascals (millibars)
        16 Float [4] Wind Speed meters/second
        20 ULong [4] Wind Direction see below
        24 Float [4] Wind Gust meters/second
        28 Float [4] Total Rainfall millimeters
        32 Float [4] New Rainfall millimeters
        36 Float [4] Indoor Temp celsius
        40 Float [4] Outdoor Temp celsius
        44 Float [4] Indoor Humidity %
        48 Float [4] Outdoor Humidity %
        52 ULong [4] unknown - (Value is always 0)

        Since the timestamp is a double, the fractional part represents
        fractions of
        a day. This is probably the same type as the Delphi TdateTime type.
        More
        information about this type can be found here:
        http://www.aimtec.com.au/articles/ItsAboutTime/Default.htm

        *******************

        Wind Direction

        Wind direction is encoded as an integer between 0 and 15. To get the
        wind direction in degrees, multiply the value by 22.5. To get compass
        directions (moving clockwise) 0 is North, 1 is North-Northeast, 2 is
        Northeast, etc...
        0 N
        1 NNE
        2 NE