Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: WWVB Icon

  • Tek Roo
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30, 2006
      One can certainly hope!

      Richard

      On 3/30/06, Ron W <jeffrondee@...> wrote:
      Richard,

      Then does that mean since we are at the bottom end of the 11 year
      cycle that are reception could get better as we start on the up
      swing?  Interesting!

      I can't recall having ever seen the WWVB Icon, I don't even remember
      seeing it on my initial start up when the Console was acquiring the
      time signal.  I guess it could pop up now and then without my seeing
      it.

      It would be interesting to see if our reception improves during the
      latest rapidly growing Sun Spot!!

      Interesting Phenomenon,

      Ron

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Tek Roo" <tek.roo@...>

      wrote:

      > It could very well be atmospheric conditions.  Different weather
      and solar
      > conditions produce longer or shorter "skip" in the path between
      you and the
      > transmitter, making certain times of the day, certain times of the
      year,
      > certain sun spot activity cycles and certain weather events.  This
      could
      > cause a station you could not receive under normal circumstances
      suddenly
      > come in fine for a while.  Not sure how long it will last, but
      then again,
      > NOT being able to receive it may have been the extraordinary.
      >
      > There _is_ a sunspot that has grown larger in the past day or
      two.  Keep an
      > eye on http://www.spaceweather.com/ and see if there is a
      corellation
      > between sunspot activity and your ability to sync up.
      >
      > Richard
      >

      > On 3/30/06, Jeffrey C. Le Doux <jefcled@...> wrote:
      > >
      > >  WUHU,
      > >
      > > I have finally seen the radio icon on my WS 2308 console.  I do
      not know
      > > why it has finally appeared, or why it has not been seen before
      now, but
      > > there it is.  Maybe you can explain that to me.  I have not
      moved the
      > > console, nor have I opened the windows on the west side of the
      house.  The
      > > only change is in the weather with a barometric pressure of
      almost 30.02.
      > >   Anybody got any ideas out there.
      > >

      > > Jeff L.
      > >
      > > The Wilton Weather Guy
      > >
      > > KMEWILTO1
      > >

      > >  To visit your group on the web, go to:
      > >
      > > Want more or less group messages (Special notices as a minimum)?

      > > WUHU Download page:
      > > http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/< http://home.comcast.net/%
      7Ewuhu_software/>

      t=ms&k=Personal+weather+station&w1=Personal+weather+station&w2=Weathe
      r+stations&c=2&s=52&.sig=6lAO0xoHPYcMZSWeo0ynYQ>  Weather
      > > stations<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
      t=ms&k=Weather+stations&w1=Personal+weather+station&w2=Weather+statio
      ns&c=2&s=52&.sig=mCg5OtfkJ71Bm1ARjZBU_w>

      e_group>"

      unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<wuhu_software_group-

      > >    -  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
      > >    Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

      To visit your group on the web, go to:

      WUHU Download page:
      http://home.comcast.net/~wuhu_software/