Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Wind Data Question

  • Chris R. Holt
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 8, 2013
      I'm the user Nathan's talking about.  When my anemometer went bad, I disabled the wind sensor in WUHU.  Out of all the places I upload to, Weatherbug is the only site that gets an error when there is no wind data.

      Chris Holt

      On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 2:47 PM, KNHBRIST1 <steve_03222@...> wrote:

      There is a box to check in the setup screen to disable wind sensor.
      Steve

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "marcelcanine" <marcelcanine@...> wrote:

      > If he goes to TWEAKS and tells WUHU to reject all wind speed over 0 I think it will do what you want.
      >
      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "weatherbugnathan" <backyard@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hey guys,
      > >
      > > One of our Backyard Station owners is trying to publish his station data to us, but since his wind sensor is non-functional currently, it's sending an erroneous reading causing his station data not to display.
      > >
      > > Is there something he can do inside WUHU to zero out the wind data so it just shows zero? That way his station can show up until he can get a functioning wind sensor again.
      > >
      > > I've attached the conversation below concerning this to help clarify things (removing all email addresses for privacy reasons). Any help would be much appreciated!
      > >
      > > Thanks!
      > >
      > > Nathan

      > > Hi Nathan,
      > >
      > > Sure, that would be great. Heath is very responsive to stuff like this, and if there is anything he can do from within WUHU, I'm sure he will.
      > >
      > > Thanks again!
      > >
      > > Chris H.
      > >

      > > On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Nathan Parker wrote:
      > > Hi Chris,
      > >
      > > Want me to get with WUHU and see if we can zero out your wind data temporarily while your wind sensor is down? If we can do that, it'll work.
      > >
      > > Right now it's sending us a value of 990 which is generating the issue. If I can get WUHU to somehow adjust their software to just send 0 when the sensor is down, then it'll work and you'll show up.
      > >
      > > Thanks!
      > >
      > > Nathan Parker
      > >
      > > WeatherBug Backyard
      > > by Earth Networks
      > >
      > > Begin forwarded message:
      > >
      > > From: "Christopher D. Sloop"
      > > Subject: RE: Backyard Station
      > > Date: March 1, 2013 8:13:37 AM CST
      > > To: Nathan Parker
      > >
      > > If he has settings in his software which just sends us zero for the wind speed, it should show up.
      > >
      > > http://data.backyard2.weatherbug.com/data/ecv.aspx?ID=p07106
      > >
      > > Right now it is sending a value of 990….
      > >
      > > Chris S. [[Chris S. is our CTO at WeatherBug. Chris H. is the Backyard Station owner with the issue]]

    • Chris R. Holt
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 8, 2013
        Based on the suggestions, I re-enabled the wind sensor, but set WUHU to reject wind speeds over 0.0.  When I compared the Weatherbug upload strings, I found that now the wind speeds were being sent as "0", instead of no data.  Looks like this solved the problem.

        Thanks for the suggestions all!

        Chris Holt

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 8, 2013
          What was the error posted in the log when Weatherbug reported an error?

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Chris R. Holt" <crholt@...> wrote:

          > Based on the suggestions, I re-enabled the wind sensor, but set WUHU to
          > reject wind speeds over 0.0. When I compared the Weatherbug upload
          > strings, I found that now the wind speeds were being sent as "0", instead
          > of no data. Looks like this solved the problem.
          >
          > Thanks for the suggestions all!
          >
          > Chris Holt
          >

          > On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 1:38 PM, Chris R. Holt <crholt@...> wrote:
          >
          > > I'm the user Nathan's talking about. When my anemometer went bad, I
          > > disabled the wind sensor in WUHU. Out of all the places I upload to,
          > > Weatherbug is the only site that gets an error when there is no wind data.
          > >
          > > Chris Holt
          > >

          > > On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 2:47 PM, KNHBRIST1 <steve_03222@...> wrote:
          > >
          > >> **
          > >>

          > >> There is a box to check in the setup screen to disable wind sensor.
          > >> Steve
          > >>

          > >> --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "marcelcanine" <marcelcanine@>

          > >> think it will do what you want.

          > >> data to us, but since his wind sensor is non-functional currently, it's
          > >> sending an erroneous reading causing his station data not to display.

          > >> it just shows zero? That way his station can show up until he can get a
          > >> functioning wind sensor again.

          > >> things (removing all email addresses for privacy reasons). Any help would
          > >> be much appreciated!

          > >> this, and if there is anything he can do from within WUHU, I'm sure he will.

          > >> temporarily while your wind sensor is down? If we can do that, it'll work.

          > >> issue. If I can get WUHU to somehow adjust their software to just send 0
          > >> when the sensor is down, then it'll work and you'll show up.

          > >> wind speed, it should show up.

          > >> Backyard Station owner with the issue]]

        • Chris R. Holt
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 9, 2013
            No errors at all in the WUHU log; it showed sucessful upload to Weatherbug.  With the wind sensor disabled, this is what what it sent to Weatherbug and the response:

            Fri Mar 08 13:39:43 2013 > WeatherBug Live Upload: Sending URL:http://data.backyard2.weatherbug.com/data/livedata.aspx?ID=p07106&Key=******&num=18702&dateutc=2013-03-08+21%3A39%3A37&winddir=&windspeedmph=&windgustdir=&windgustmph=&winddir_avg2m=&windspdmph_avg2m=&windgustdir_10m=&windgustmph_10m=&tempf=62.5&rainin=0.00&dailyrainin=0.06&baromin=29.87&dewptf=40.2&humidity=44&windchillf=&indoortempf=68.9&indoorhumidity=44&weather=&clouds=&softwaretype=WUHU21623XXSP&action=live
            Fri Mar 08 13:39:45 2013 > WeatherBug Live Upload: Informational Only Response: Successfully Received QueryString Data

            With the sensor re-enabled, and rejecting all wind speeds above 0.0, this was the string and response:

            Fri Mar 08 13:39:43 2013 > WeatherBug Live Upload: Sending URL:http://data.backyard2.weatherbug.com/data/livedata.aspx?ID=p07106&Key=******&num=18702&dateutc=2013-03-08+21%3A39%3A37&winddir=&windspeedmph=&windgustdir=&windgustmph=&winddir_avg2m=&windspdmph_avg2m=&windgustdir_10m=&windgustmph_10m=&tempf=62.5&rainin=0.00&dailyrainin=0.06&baromin=29.87&dewptf=40.2&humidity=44&windchillf=&indoortempf=68.9&indoorhumidity=44&weather=&clouds=&softwaretype=WUHU21623XXSP&action=live
            Fri Mar 08 13:39:45 2013 > WeatherBug Live Upload: Informational Only Response: Successfully Received QueryString Data

            Nathan from Weatherbug said that "Right now it's sending us a value of 990 which is generating the issue."  Obviously, WUHU wasn't sending a value of 990, but my guess is that Weatherbug's software couldn't handle a null wind value and needed to have a "0" value if the sensor was disabled.  No other site has had a problem with a null wind value.

            Chris Holt

            On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 2:06 PM, wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...> wrote:

            What was the error posted in the log when Weatherbug reported an error?

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Chris R. Holt" <crholt@...> wrote:

            > Based on the suggestions, I re-enabled the wind sensor, but set WUHU to
            > reject wind speeds over 0.0. When I compared the Weatherbug upload
            > strings, I found that now the wind speeds were being sent as "0", instead
            > of no data. Looks like this solved the problem.
            >
            > Thanks for the suggestions all!
            >
            > Chris Holt

          • Chris R. Holt
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 9, 2013
              CORRECTION:

              With the sensor re-enabled, and rejecting all wind speeds above 0.0, this was the string and response:

              Fri Mar 08 13:42:18 2013 > WeatherBug Live Upload: Sending URL:http://data.backyard2.weatherbug.com/data/livedata.aspx?ID=p07106&Key=******&num=18702&dateutc=2013-03-08+21%3A42%3A17&winddir=0&windspeedmph=0.0&windgustdir=292&windgustmph=0.0&winddir_avg2m=292&windspdmph_avg2m=0.0&windgustdir_10m=292&windgustmph_10m=0.0&tempf=62.5&rainin=0.00&dailyrainin=0.06&baromin=29.86&dewptf=39.6&humidity=43&windchillf=63&indoortempf=69.1&indoorhumidity=44&weather=&clouds=&softwaretype=WUHU21623XXSP&action=live
              Fri Mar 08 13:42:21 2013 > WeatherBug Live Upload: Informational Only Response: Successfully Received QueryString Data

              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 9, 2013
                When I have time I will make it send 0 if disabled.

                That is if Weatherbug does not change the parser.