Yahoo Message Boards

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 5 10:46 AM
      I have never used the Yahoo Message Boards but I would not be shocked if they shut down the Groups at some point.
    • touristua
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 5 11:02 AM
        Dear friends, if they shut down the Groups, may be we need now to think where we will discuss WUHU in future? Maybe we can open some wuhu separate forum?

        > I have never used the Yahoo Message Boards but I would not be shocked if they shut down the Groups at some point.

      • jack10562
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 5 2:04 PM
          All, There is a weather forum I frequent, WXForum.net
          They have an (underutilized) WUHU sub-section. Perhaps someone from here can contact one of the site administrators (saratogaWX, or SLOweather) to inquire about moving the group there in the event Yahoo shuts these boards down.

          Jack

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "touristua" <somesvl@...> wrote:

          > Dear friends, if they shut down the Groups, may be we need now to think where we will discuss WUHU in future? Maybe we can open some wuhu separate forum?

          > > I have never used the Yahoo Message Boards but I would not be shocked if they shut down the Groups at some point.

        • K F 5 O K T
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 5 2:23 PM
            These that were are on are Groups... not Messages boards, These are not going to be shut down.....

            The Sky Is Not Falling!!!
          • William DePriest
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 6 3:46 AM
              Just an FYI, I worked with Heath a while back to create http://wuhu.proboards.com/ so that is always an option.

              Sent from my iPad
            • weatherbugnathan
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 6 3:30 PM
                I know the forum admin over there, so I'd be happy to chat with them about it if the event ever came for there to be a need to transition over there. The admin seems great, and I think they'd welcome us all over there just fine.

                Additionally, It's super easy to roll a dedicated forum site. I'm about to signup for unlimited web hosting, so if WUHU ever needed a dedicated forum site, I'd be happy to provide the bandwidth if need be if the time ever came for it.

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "jack10562" <jack10562@...> wrote:

                > All, There is a weather forum I frequent, WXForum.net
                > They have an (underutilized) WUHU sub-section. Perhaps someone from here can contact one of the site administrators (saratogaWX, or SLOweather) to inquire about moving the group there in the event Yahoo shuts these boards down.
                >
                > Jack
                >
                > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "touristua" <somesvl@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Dear friends, if they shut down the Groups, may be we need now to think where we will discuss WUHU in future? Maybe we can open some wuhu separate forum?

                > > > I have never used the Yahoo Message Boards but I would not be shocked if they shut down the Groups at some point.

              • saratogawx
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 6 4:43 PM
                  Thanks for the kind words Nathan :)

                  I am one of the admins for WXforum.net and yes, we'd be happy to have the WUHU folks use our WUHU area (and other parts as they desire) and you would be most welcome.

                  Best regards,
                  Ken
                  saratogaWX