Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Action File

  • Kris Olmstead, W2FLR
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 9, 2013
      John, you and Heath responded at the exact same time with the same
      conclusion. Yes, I'm FTP'ing to GoDaddy but no one there knows if/what
      the FTP limitation is. I may have to go back to hosting my own web page
      which isn't all that bad, just one more thing to keep an eye on.

      Thanks to both of you.

    • John Liss
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 9, 2013
        Yah my buddy had the same issues with FTP and connection states, I found this on the support forums

        He ended up with a nasty batch file and then ditched godaddy hosting altogether because the FTP services were so flakey

        Hard to believe they limit to just 1 connection per ip.
        I don't know if Heath has time to re-work the FTP settings to limit the connections to just one.  Maybe you can sweet talk Heath into working on the client part in wuhu.  :). Or buy him a drink!

        I would think this affects lots of godaddy hosting ppl though.

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           wuhu_software_group-digest@yahoogroups.com
           wuhu_software_group-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Ken
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 9, 2013
          My experience with GoDaddy is that it is a great place to be from. With so many standards around, they flaunt them to try to lock people in. Instead of getting what you are expecting/looking-for, they piece meal out services and it always seems you need one more.

          There are a ton of sites that give you server access for about $5/mo. You get all the email accounts you want, all the blogs, all the forums and so on. Those with data limit are only going to kick in if you turn into a major site overnight.

          I grabbed this from one I used in the past that was good.

          Professional Web Hosting from Just Host

          Just Host is dedicated to providing their customers with the most reliable web hosting service possible.

          Fast, reliable, web hosting at an affordable price with secure servers, and 24/7 technical support

          make hosting your website with Just Host the obvious choice.

          Unlimited GB's of Space*
          Unlimited GB's of Transfer*
          Unlimited Domain Hosting
          Unlimited E-Mail Accounts
          Unlimited MySQL Databases
          FREE Site Builder
          FREE Domain Name Registration
          FREE Instant Setup
          Anytime Money Back Guarantee

          Free Domain Registration
          Free Instant Setup
          No Hidden Fees

          $6.95 Special Promo $3.25

          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 9, 2013
            I do believe there is only one log in per upload of multiple files that are uploaded one at a time. I would have to go back and look at the code to be sure.

            Just to let you know, a fifth of Old No. 7 Jack Daniels can always buy a software modification (or two).

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, John Liss wrote:

            > Yah my buddy had the same issues with FTP and connection states, I found this on the support forums
            > http://support.godaddy.com/groups/web-hosting/forum/topic/ftp-connection-limit/
            >
            > He ended up with a nasty batch file and then ditched godaddy hosting altogether because the FTP services were so flakey
            >
            > Hard to believe they limit to just 1 connection per ip.
            > I don't know if Heath has time to re-work the FTP settings to limit the connections to just one. Maybe you can sweet talk Heath into working on the client part in wuhu. :). Or buy him a drink!
            > http://www.lissproductions.org/wuhu_manual/buy-us-a-drink/
            >
            > I would think this affects lots of godaddy hosting ppl though.
            >

            > On Feb 9, 2013, at 3:37 PM, "Kris Olmstead, W2FLR" wrote:
            >

            > > John, you and Heath responded at the exact same time with the same
            > > conclusion. Yes, I'm FTP'ing to GoDaddy but no one there knows if/what
            > > the FTP limitation is. I may have to go back to hosting my own web page
            > > which isn't all that bad, just one more thing to keep an eye on.
            > >
            > > Thanks to both of you.
            > >

            > > On 02/09/2013 01:07 PM, John Liss wrote:
            > >> First i would reboot your router.
            > >> Some older routers don't handle lots of open connections well.
            > >>
            > >> Then test
            > >>
            > >> Next, call your Hosting provider that hosts your website/FTP services.
            > >>
            > >> I know godaddy for one limits the number of FTP sessions, and stops them if they see too many.

            > >> WUHU Download page:

            > > WUHU Download page:

          • Ken
            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 10, 2013
              And, you can own his first born for a case of Maker's Mark. ;)

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "wuhu_software" wrote:

              > I do believe there is only one log in per upload of multiple files that are uploaded one at a time. I would have to go back and look at the code to be sure.
              >
              > Just to let you know, a fifth of Old No. 7 Jack Daniels can always buy a software modification (or two).
              >

              > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, John Liss wrote:
              > >
              > > Yah my buddy had the same issues with FTP and connection states, I found this on the support forums
              > > http://support.godaddy.com/groups/web-hosting/forum/topic/ftp-connection-limit/
              > >
              > > He ended up with a nasty batch file and then ditched godaddy hosting altogether because the FTP services were so flakey
              > >
              > > Hard to believe they limit to just 1 connection per ip.
              > > I don't know if Heath has time to re-work the FTP settings to limit the connections to just one. Maybe you can sweet talk Heath into working on the client part in wuhu. :). Or buy him a drink!
              > > http://www.lissproductions.org/wuhu_manual/buy-us-a-drink/
              > >
              > > I would think this affects lots of godaddy hosting ppl though.
              > >

              > > On Feb 9, 2013, at 3:37 PM, "Kris Olmstead, W2FLR" wrote:
              > >

              > > > John, you and Heath responded at the exact same time with the same
              > > > conclusion. Yes, I'm FTP'ing to GoDaddy but no one there knows if/what
              > > > the FTP limitation is. I may have to go back to hosting my own web page
              > > > which isn't all that bad, just one more thing to keep an eye on.
              > > >
              > > > Thanks to both of you.

              > > > WUHU Download page:

            • Kris Olmstead, W2FLR
              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 15, 2013
                Back in town after a road trip. Heath, go get a bottle of Maker's Mark
                as Ken suggested before the 90 proof is no longer available. And thank
                you for the great program and continued interest and development.

                Thanks also to John and Ken. GoDaddy did something as my files no
                longer self-destruct and the site has been stable for a week.

                Whoo-hoo! (I mean WUHU!)

                //Kris
                http://www.fingerlakesweather.com

                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 15, 2013
                  No worries Kris, I am a devote, JD is my preference. Thanks for the compliments.