Re: Action File

    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 9, 2013

      If something has changed in your firewall, or at the FTP server, this might be interfering with the uploads.

      You might try using the FTP uploads in passive mode. Passive mode basically drops the requirement of your machine to allow inbound packets from the FTP server that are sometimes blocked by firewalls (hardware and software).

      To use passive mode, you specify the port to be used and P to indicate passive mode (no spaces inbetween the domain, port, and P).

       ftp://myusername:mypassword@...:21P ...

      Give that a try and let us know if it starts working.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Kris Olmstead, W2FLR" wrote:

      > Good Day to All,
      >
      > Recently, I've had an issue with my action file (maybe). I have it
      > FTP'ing my HTML code to a remote web server. It's been working great
      > since I threw it up last weekend but all of a sudden yesterday it
      > started misbehaving. It uploads to the server but after a minute, one
      > file at a time, it changes the file size to zero then deletes the file.
      > All 9 files get deleted after 10 minutes.
      >
      > Nothing changed on my side and I've included a copy of my action file in
      > case anyone can see an error.
      >
      > Again, this worked great for a week, then went belly-up yesterday.
      >
      > Thanks for looking.
      > template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx1.txt" "c:\program
      > files\wuhu\html\index.html"
      > template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx2.txt" "c:\program
      > files\wuhu\html\wx2.html"
      > template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx3.txt" "c:\program
      > files\wuhu\html\wx3.html"
      > template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx4.txt" "c:\program
      > files\wuhu\html\wx4.html"
      > template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx5.txt" "c:\program
      > files\wuhu\html\wx5.html"
      > template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx6.txt" "c:\program
      > files\wuhu\html\wx6.html"
      > template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx7.txt" "c:\program
      > files\wuhu\html\wx7.html"
      >
      > WUHU_Tweet.exe "%TimeDateExcel%|Temp %OutdoorTempDegF% F|Hum:
      > %OutdoorHumidity% %|Pres %OutdoorPressureRelativeINHG% "|24Hr Rain
      > %OutdoorRain24HrIN% "|Winds %OutdoorWindDirectionLetters%
      > %OutdoorWindAverageSpeedMPH% MPH|Windchill: %OutdoorWindchillF% F"
      >
      > ftp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@... "C:\Program Files\WUHU\HTML\*.*" "\"

    • Kris Olmstead, W2FLR
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 9, 2013
        No dice Heath. It used to upload all files at once but now it uploads
        one at a time with a file size of zero. If I use an FTP client to
        upload all 9 files, they will slowly drop to zero in size, then delete
        one by one. This one has me confused. Even more confusing is why it
        worked so well for a week then stopped.

        Thanks for the pointer.

        On 02/09/2013 11:24 AM, wuhu_software wrote:

        > If something has changed in your firewall, or at the FTP server, this
        > might be interfering with the uploads.
        >
        > You might try using the FTP uploads in passive mode. Passive mode
        > basically drops the requirement of your machine to allow inbound packets
        > from the FTP server that are sometimes blocked by firewalls (hardware
        > and software).
        >
        > To use passive mode, you specify the port to be used and P to indicate
        > passive mode (no spaces inbetween the domain, port, and P).
        >
        > ftp://myusername:mypassword@...*:21P* ...
        >
        > Give that a try and let us know if it starts working.
        >

        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Kris Olmstead, W2FLR" wrote:
        > >

        > > Good Day to All,
        > >
        > > Recently, I've had an issue with my action file (maybe). I have it
        > > FTP'ing my HTML code to a remote web server. It's been working great
        > > since I threw it up last weekend but all of a sudden yesterday it
        > > started misbehaving. It uploads to the server but after a minute, one
        > > file at a time, it changes the file size to zero then deletes the file.
        > > All 9 files get deleted after 10 minutes.
        > >
        > > Nothing changed on my side and I've included a copy of my action file in
        > > case anyone can see an error.
        > >
        > > Again, this worked great for a week, then went belly-up yesterday.
        > >
        > > Thanks for looking.
        > > template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx1.txt" "c:\program
        > > files\wuhu\html\index.html"
        > > template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx2.txt" "c:\program
        > > files\wuhu\html\wx2.html"
        > > template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx3.txt" "c:\program
        > > files\wuhu\html\wx3.html"
        > > template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx4.txt" "c:\program
        > > files\wuhu\html\wx4.html"
        > > template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx5.txt" "c:\program
        > > files\wuhu\html\wx5.html"
        > > template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx6.txt" "c:\program
        > > files\wuhu\html\wx6.html"
        > > template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx7.txt" "c:\program
        > > files\wuhu\html\wx7.html"
        > >
        > > WUHU_Tweet.exe "%TimeDateExcel%|Temp %OutdoorTempDegF% F|Hum:
        > > %OutdoorHumidity% %|Pres %OutdoorPressureRelativeINHG% "|24Hr Rain
        > > %OutdoorRain24HrIN% "|Winds %OutdoorWindDirectionLetters%
        > > %OutdoorWindAverageSpeedMPH% MPH|Windchill: %OutdoorWindchillF% F"
        > >
        > > ftp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@... "C:\Program Files\WUHU\HTML\*.*" "\"
        > > =========================================================================

      • John Liss
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 9, 2013
          First i would reboot your router.
          Some older routers don't handle lots of open connections well.

          Then test

          Next, call your Hosting provider that hosts your website/FTP services.

          I know godaddy for one limits the number of FTP sessions, and stops them if they see too many.

          On Feb 9, 2013, at 9:34 AM, "Kris Olmstead, W2FLR" <otisco@...> wrote:

          > No dice Heath. It used to upload all files at once but now it uploads
          > one at a time with a file size of zero. If I use an FTP client to
          > upload all 9 files, they will slowly drop to zero in size, then delete
          > one by one. This one has me confused. Even more confusing is why it
          > worked so well for a week then stopped.
          >
          > Thanks for the pointer.
          >

          > On 02/09/2013 11:24 AM, wuhu_software wrote:
          >>

          >> If something has changed in your firewall, or at the FTP server, this
          >> might be interfering with the uploads.
          >>
          >> You might try using the FTP uploads in passive mode. Passive mode
          >> basically drops the requirement of your machine to allow inbound packets
          >> from the FTP server that are sometimes blocked by firewalls (hardware
          >> and software).
          >>
          >> To use passive mode, you specify the port to be used and P to indicate
          >> passive mode (no spaces inbetween the domain, port, and P).
          >>
          >> ftp://myusername:mypassword@...*:21P* ...
          >>
          >> Give that a try and let us know if it starts working.
          >>

          >> --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Kris Olmstead, W2FLR" wrote:
          >>>

          >>> Good Day to All,
          >>>
          >>> Recently, I've had an issue with my action file (maybe). I have it
          >>> FTP'ing my HTML code to a remote web server. It's been working great
          >>> since I threw it up last weekend but all of a sudden yesterday it
          >>> started misbehaving. It uploads to the server but after a minute, one
          >>> file at a time, it changes the file size to zero then deletes the file.
          >>> All 9 files get deleted after 10 minutes.
          >>>
          >>> Nothing changed on my side and I've included a copy of my action file in
          >>> case anyone can see an error.
          >>>
          >>> Again, this worked great for a week, then went belly-up yesterday.
          >>>
          >>> Thanks for looking.
          >>> ===================================================================
          >>> template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx1.txt" "c:\program
          >>> files\wuhu\html\index.html"
          >>> template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx2.txt" "c:\program
          >>> files\wuhu\html\wx2.html"
          >>> template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx3.txt" "c:\program
          >>> files\wuhu\html\wx3.html"
          >>> template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx4.txt" "c:\program
          >>> files\wuhu\html\wx4.html"
          >>> template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx5.txt" "c:\program
          >>> files\wuhu\html\wx5.html"
          >>> template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx6.txt" "c:\program
          >>> files\wuhu\html\wx6.html"
          >>> template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx7.txt" "c:\program
          >>> files\wuhu\html\wx7.html"
          >>>
          >>> WUHU_Tweet.exe "%TimeDateExcel%|Temp %OutdoorTempDegF% F|Hum:
          >>> %OutdoorHumidity% %|Pres %OutdoorPressureRelativeINHG% "|24Hr Rain
          >>> %OutdoorRain24HrIN% "|Winds %OutdoorWindDirectionLetters%
          >>> %OutdoorWindAverageSpeedMPH% MPH|Windchill: %OutdoorWindchillF% F"
          >>>
          >>> ftp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@... "C:\Program Files\WUHU\HTML\*.*" "\"
          >
          > WUHU Download page:

        • H. Smith
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 9, 2013

            You have not exceeded your FTP quota have you?

            No dice Heath. It used to upload all files at once but now it uploads
            one at a time with a file size of zero. If I use an FTP client to
            upload all 9 files, they will slowly drop to zero in size, then delete
            one by one. This one has me confused. Even more confusing is why it
            worked so well for a week then stopped.

            Thanks for the pointer.

            On 02/09/2013 11:24 AM, wuhu_software wrote:

            > If something has changed in your firewall, or at the FTP server, this
            > might be interfering with the uploads.
            >
            > You might try using the FTP uploads in passive mode. Passive mode
            > basically drops the requirement of your machine to allow inbound packets
            > from the FTP server that are sometimes blocked by firewalls (hardware
            > and software).
            >
            > To use passive mode, you specify the port to be used and P to indicate
            > passive mode (no spaces inbetween the domain, port, and P).
            >
            > ftp://myusername:mypassword@...*:21P* ...
            >
            > Give that a try and let us know if it starts working.
            >

            > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Kris Olmstead, W2FLR" wrote:
            > >

            > > Good Day to All,
            > >
            > > Recently, I've had an issue with my action file (maybe). I have it
            > > FTP'ing my HTML code to a remote web server. It's been working great
            > > since I threw it up last weekend but all of a sudden yesterday it
            > > started misbehaving. It uploads to the server but after a minute, one
            > > file at a time, it changes the file size to zero then deletes the file.
            > > All 9 files get deleted after 10 minutes.
            > >
            > > Nothing changed on my side and I've included a copy of my action file in
            > > case anyone can see an error.
            > >
            > > Again, this worked great for a week, then went belly-up yesterday.
            > >
            > > Thanks for looking.
            > > template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx1.txt" "c:\program
            > > files\wuhu\html\index.html"
            > > template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx2.txt" "c:\program
            > > files\wuhu\html\wx2.html"
            > > template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx3.txt" "c:\program
            > > files\wuhu\html\wx3.html"
            > > template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx4.txt" "c:\program
            > > files\wuhu\html\wx4.html"
            > > template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx5.txt" "c:\program
            > > files\wuhu\html\wx5.html"
            > > template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx6.txt" "c:\program
            > > files\wuhu\html\wx6.html"
            > > template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx7.txt" "c:\program
            > > files\wuhu\html\wx7.html"
            > >
            > > WUHU_Tweet.exe "%TimeDateExcel%|Temp %OutdoorTempDegF% F|Hum:
            > > %OutdoorHumidity% %|Pres %OutdoorPressureRelativeINHG% "|24Hr Rain
            > > %OutdoorRain24HrIN% "|Winds %OutdoorWindDirectionLetters%
            > > %OutdoorWindAverageSpeedMPH% MPH|Windchill: %OutdoorWindchillF% F"
            > >
            > > ftp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@... "C:\Program Files\WUHU\HTML\*.*" "\"
            > > =========================================================================

          • Kris Olmstead, W2FLR
            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 9, 2013
              John, you and Heath responded at the exact same time with the same
              conclusion. Yes, I'm FTP'ing to GoDaddy but no one there knows if/what
              the FTP limitation is. I may have to go back to hosting my own web page
              which isn't all that bad, just one more thing to keep an eye on.

              Thanks to both of you.

            • John Liss
              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 9, 2013
                Yah my buddy had the same issues with FTP and connection states, I found this on the support forums

                He ended up with a nasty batch file and then ditched godaddy hosting altogether because the FTP services were so flakey

                Hard to believe they limit to just 1 connection per ip.
                I don't know if Heath has time to re-work the FTP settings to limit the connections to just one.  Maybe you can sweet talk Heath into working on the client part in wuhu.  :). Or buy him a drink!

                I would think this affects lots of godaddy hosting ppl though.

                <*> Your email settings:
                   Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                   (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                   wuhu_software_group-digest@yahoogroups.com
                   wuhu_software_group-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                   http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • Ken
                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 9, 2013
                  My experience with GoDaddy is that it is a great place to be from. With so many standards around, they flaunt them to try to lock people in. Instead of getting what you are expecting/looking-for, they piece meal out services and it always seems you need one more.

                  There are a ton of sites that give you server access for about $5/mo. You get all the email accounts you want, all the blogs, all the forums and so on. Those with data limit are only going to kick in if you turn into a major site overnight.

                  I grabbed this from one I used in the past that was good.

                  Professional Web Hosting from Just Host

                  Just Host is dedicated to providing their customers with the most reliable web hosting service possible.

                  Fast, reliable, web hosting at an affordable price with secure servers, and 24/7 technical support

                  make hosting your website with Just Host the obvious choice.

                  Unlimited GB's of Space*
                  Unlimited GB's of Transfer*
                  Unlimited Domain Hosting
                  Unlimited E-Mail Accounts
                  Unlimited MySQL Databases
                  FREE Site Builder
                  FREE Domain Name Registration
                  FREE Instant Setup
                  Anytime Money Back Guarantee

                  Free Domain Registration
                  Free Instant Setup
                  No Hidden Fees

                  $6.95 Special Promo $3.25

                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 9, 2013
                    I do believe there is only one log in per upload of multiple files that are uploaded one at a time. I would have to go back and look at the code to be sure.

                    Just to let you know, a fifth of Old No. 7 Jack Daniels can always buy a software modification (or two).

                    --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, John Liss wrote:

                    > Yah my buddy had the same issues with FTP and connection states, I found this on the support forums
                    > http://support.godaddy.com/groups/web-hosting/forum/topic/ftp-connection-limit/
                    >
                    > He ended up with a nasty batch file and then ditched godaddy hosting altogether because the FTP services were so flakey
                    >
                    > Hard to believe they limit to just 1 connection per ip.
                    > I don't know if Heath has time to re-work the FTP settings to limit the connections to just one. Maybe you can sweet talk Heath into working on the client part in wuhu. :). Or buy him a drink!
                    > http://www.lissproductions.org/wuhu_manual/buy-us-a-drink/
                    >
                    > I would think this affects lots of godaddy hosting ppl though.
                    >

                    > On Feb 9, 2013, at 3:37 PM, "Kris Olmstead, W2FLR" wrote:
                    >

                    > > John, you and Heath responded at the exact same time with the same
                    > > conclusion. Yes, I'm FTP'ing to GoDaddy but no one there knows if/what
                    > > the FTP limitation is. I may have to go back to hosting my own web page
                    > > which isn't all that bad, just one more thing to keep an eye on.
                    > >
                    > > Thanks to both of you.
                    > >

                    > > On 02/09/2013 01:07 PM, John Liss wrote:
                    > >> First i would reboot your router.
                    > >> Some older routers don't handle lots of open connections well.
                    > >>
                    > >> Then test
                    > >>
                    > >> Next, call your Hosting provider that hosts your website/FTP services.
                    > >>
                    > >> I know godaddy for one limits the number of FTP sessions, and stops them if they see too many.

                    > >> WUHU Download page:

                    > > WUHU Download page:

                  • Ken
                    Message 9 of 23 , Feb 10, 2013
                      And, you can own his first born for a case of Maker's Mark. ;)

                      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "wuhu_software" wrote:

                      > I do believe there is only one log in per upload of multiple files that are uploaded one at a time. I would have to go back and look at the code to be sure.
                      >
                      > Just to let you know, a fifth of Old No. 7 Jack Daniels can always buy a software modification (or two).
                      >

                      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, John Liss wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Yah my buddy had the same issues with FTP and connection states, I found this on the support forums
                      > > http://support.godaddy.com/groups/web-hosting/forum/topic/ftp-connection-limit/
                      > >
                      > > He ended up with a nasty batch file and then ditched godaddy hosting altogether because the FTP services were so flakey
                      > >
                      > > Hard to believe they limit to just 1 connection per ip.
                      > > I don't know if Heath has time to re-work the FTP settings to limit the connections to just one. Maybe you can sweet talk Heath into working on the client part in wuhu. :). Or buy him a drink!
                      > > http://www.lissproductions.org/wuhu_manual/buy-us-a-drink/
                      > >
                      > > I would think this affects lots of godaddy hosting ppl though.
                      > >

                      > > On Feb 9, 2013, at 3:37 PM, "Kris Olmstead, W2FLR" wrote:
                      > >

                      > > > John, you and Heath responded at the exact same time with the same
                      > > > conclusion. Yes, I'm FTP'ing to GoDaddy but no one there knows if/what
                      > > > the FTP limitation is. I may have to go back to hosting my own web page
                      > > > which isn't all that bad, just one more thing to keep an eye on.
                      > > >
                      > > > Thanks to both of you.

                      > > > WUHU Download page:

                    • Kris Olmstead, W2FLR
                      Message 10 of 23 , Feb 15, 2013
                        Back in town after a road trip. Heath, go get a bottle of Maker's Mark
                        as Ken suggested before the 90 proof is no longer available. And thank
                        you for the great program and continued interest and development.

                        Thanks also to John and Ken. GoDaddy did something as my files no
                        longer self-destruct and the site has been stable for a week.

                        Whoo-hoo! (I mean WUHU!)

                        //Kris
                        http://www.fingerlakesweather.com

                        Message 11 of 23 , Feb 15, 2013
                          No worries Kris, I am a devote, JD is my preference. Thanks for the compliments.