NOAA warnings, watches, etc...

  • Tony R
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 7, 2013
      Hi all, I first own an apology to Heath, I went through all the updates that you have done to wuhu and well, I just want to apologize if I came across as ungrateful for the work you have done. You really have put a lot of work into this program, and its very much appreciated.

      Now onto my question. Can anyone out there tell me if there is a way to put a weather ticker on ones website? I know how to adjust the templates for the html I will use, but I am having a heck of a time finding code.
      I noticed that we have .watchBox in the csv file, is this actually for the watches and warnings?

      I have noticed that there is something called AJAX out there, but not really looking to totally change from the WUHU programing I am using, as WUHU seems to be much more friendly to the common user.

      So, again what I am looking for is a "ticker" or "banner" that will activate when NOAA activates.

      Thanks
      Tony
    • John Liss
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 7, 2013
        Hey Tony

        Yes the template is based off of what Ken, Tom and Kevin produced a while back so it does contain elements that their scripts support.

        I just never had the time to convert it over to full blown wuhu support, with all the bells and whistles. Since their templates are based on weather display software, it wasn't easy to convert.  That and they require php which I didn't want the end users to have to know.  I just wanted to give people a simple site that wuhu could produce and have no dependancies on php.

        With that said

        Sounds like what you are after is the NOAA warning script. That can be found here.

        Check out their sites

        Couple other useful sites for weather scripts:

        Sounds like you are going to have a awesome web page in a few months!

        John

        On Feb 7, 2013, at 10:26 AM, "Tony R" <tony@...> wrote:

[...]

        WUHU Download page:

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           wuhu_software_group-digest@yahoogroups.com
           wuhu_software_group-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Tony Randazzo
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 7, 2013
          Hi John...
          Thanks...I will check out all that info...

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 8, 2013
            Tony,

            I was not offended by anything you said so no worries.