Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: CWOP Lat and Long Not Accepted

  • Vince Harzewski
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 2 7:32 PM
      Sounds like they're falling short on primary goal #3 (from
      http://wxqa.com/):

      3) to provide feedback to the data contributors so that they have the
      tools to check and improve their data quality.

      On 2/2/2013 5:03 PM, Doug Thompson wrote:
      > For more than 3 years my station reported to CWOP without issue, then several months ago I started getting the same corrupted data message from them, I checked my set-up and could not see anything wrong. When I contacted them I was basically told that my set-up was incorrect and that I should fix it. Not even a glimmer of a clue as to how to address the issue was provided . After thinking about it for a bit, rechecking my settings and factoring in that I had not changed anything I came to the conclusion that CWOP did not want my data. So I logged into my WUHU software and unchecked the CWOP box.
      >
      > Problem solved.
      >

      > KCOMANZA2

    • Ken
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 3 5:36 AM
        Also obvious is the difference between him and Heath. Dumb questions are a matter of viewpoint. If you don't have the answer, it ain't dumb. Now I can be as brusk as the next guy. Heath goes beyond patient. This guy totallymakes up for that. The law of averages wins another round.

        Some people can only feel self-worth by putting down those around them. Sad life then.

        Ken KB9EU

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Vince Harzewski wrote:

        > Sounds like they're falling short on primary goal #3 (from
        > http://wxqa.com/):
        >
        > 3) to provide feedback to the data contributors so that they have the
        > tools to check and improve their data quality.
      • Jaye Ellen Burke
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 3 4:00 PM
          Brusque as it may be, I also dropped CWOP because it seemed their data requirements were a bit more precise than my station was capable of providing.  Yes, life is indeed like that !!!

          Jaye Ellen KTNGALLA2 (commercial licensed but no ham ticket)