Re: Time....Its all we have

    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 2, 2013
      I have to concur with Ken. While I would love to toss new features in to meet everyone's needs, I cannot invest my time in every want and need.

      Now if you want to pay me to implement a feature, I will be happy to do that. I have worked with some companies to support stations that are not in the consumer market. They pay me for my time.

      Now if there is a popular demand for something, a popular station, a new weather server, whatever, I will invest the time to implement new features.

      Keep in mind that I do this as a hobby, on the weekends as I am too spent during the week to write more code after writing code all day.

      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 2, 2013
        The update action is event driven, based on the update from the console that is dependent on the console type.

        Some stations report every 2.5 seconds, some report when new sensor data arrives, others happen at large intervals.

        The update action will to fire more frequently than the On Update Seconds you specify.

        The actual execution of the event is not precise and will more than likely drift over time. There is nothing that ties the On Update Action to the actual clock. To do that, you use time limiters.

        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 2, 2013
          Typo correction:

          The update action will **NOT** fire more frequently than the On Update Seconds you specify.

          I hate typos!