Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Is there a website that can show my indoor temperature?

  • Don Lafferty
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 20, 2013
      We could also add it to the daily stats using the same sequence.

      On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 7:13 PM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
      I've added it to the template John Liss provided.

      If anyone wants it I can provide it but it's basically taking the outdoor temp row and copying it to a new row and changing outdoor to indoor.  This is done in wx1.txt in the templates folder.

      Don

      On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 10:24 AM, KNHBRIST1 <steve_03222@...> wrote:

      I even asked YoWindow if they would add an option for PWS to add indoor info.....not interested.
      Steve

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Don Lafferty wrote:

      > I don't see any of the supported websites that show indoor temp. Heath
      > would know better so maybe he'll chime in here.
      >
      > You could set up a simple website to show that only. It would be quite
      > simple actually.
      >
      > Don
      >
      > On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 7:43 AM, azbolt wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Howdy,
      > > I'm currently sending my data to wunderground.com, but I need the indoor
      > > temperature available on a website, which wunderground.com doesn't offer
      > > (that I can find anyway). My indoor thermometer is in my greenhouse, so I
      > > need to be able to check the temperature in there online and/or from my
      > > phone. Anyone know of a website that I can send my WUHU data too that
      > > offers the indoor temp online?
      > >
      > > Thanks!
      > > Kevin
      > >

      > --
      > making something that doesn't suck.

    • John Liss
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 22, 2013
        I updated the wx1.txt template to include indoor Temp.

        Example:
        http://weather.lissproductions.com/template/1/
        Download:
        http://www.lissproductions.org/wuhu_manual/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=8

        The full how to is here:
        http://www.lissproductions.org/wuhu_manual/the-wuhu-software-manual/exporting-data-out-of-wuhu/creating-a-website-with-wuhu/

        For those of you that want a Indoor webpage, you can look at the variables in the currdat.lst and add them to any of the template pages (wx1,wx2 etc) Make sure you have the Write Extended Data turned on so you get all the extended variables.

        Then upload them to your webserver.

        So if you wanted like Daily Extremes, there is a section in the currdat.lst for that.

        [daily_extremes]
        low_indoor_temperature_time = "08:14:43 AM"
        low_indoor_temperature_time_hms = "08:14:43"
        low_indoor_temperature_deg_C = "17.1"
        low_indoor_temperature_deg_F = "62.8"
        high_indoor_temperature_time = "12:17:55 AM"
        high_indoor_temperature_time_hms = "00:17:55"
        high_indoor_temperature_deg_C = "18.4"
        high_indoor_temperature_deg_F = "65.1"
        low_indoor_humidity_time = "09:23:39 AM"
        low_indoor_humidity_time_hms = "09:23:39"
        low_indoor_humidity = "31.0"
        high_indoor_humidity_time = "08:43:21 AM"
        high_indoor_humidity_time_hms = "08:43:21"
        high_indoor_humidity = "34.0"

        The variables translate to the template pages like:

        %[daily_extremes]low_indoor_temperature_time%

        So in the template you can do something like:

        The indoor low was  %[daily_extremes]low_indoor_temperature_deg_F% deg F at %[daily_extremes]low_indoor_temperature_time%

        Which would produce:
        The indoor low was  62.8 deg F at 08:14:43 AM

        Questions? Let me know.

        -John

        On 1/20/2013 8:13 PM, Don Lafferty wrote:
        I've added it to the template John Liss provided.

        If anyone wants it I can provide it but it's basically taking the outdoor temp row and copying it to a new row and changing outdoor to indoor.  This is done in wx1.txt in the templates folder.

        Don

        On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 10:24 AM, KNHBRIST1 <steve_03222@...> wrote:

        I even asked YoWindow if they would add an option for PWS to add indoor info.....not interested.
        Steve

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Don Lafferty wrote:

        > I don't see any of the supported websites that show indoor temp. Heath
        > would know better so maybe he'll chime in here.
        >
        > You could set up a simple website to show that only. It would be quite
        > simple actually.
        >
        > Don
        >
        > On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 7:43 AM, azbolt wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > Howdy,
        > > I'm currently sending my data to wunderground.com, but I need the indoor
        > > temperature available on a website, which wunderground.com doesn't offer
        > > (that I can find anyway). My indoor thermometer is in my greenhouse, so I
        > > need to be able to check the temperature in there online and/or from my
        > > phone. Anyone know of a website that I can send my WUHU data too that
        > > offers the indoor temp online?
        > >
        > > Thanks!
        > > Kevin
        > >

        > --
        > making something that doesn't suck.

      • Tony Randazzo
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 22, 2013
          Hey thanks John....
          Its amazing what one can learn and not even know it, when they look at those files Smile

          Tony

          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 22, 2013
            Oh and I forgot...  Don't have a local web server and want an easy one to install?

            http://www.wampserver.com/

            Wamp is what I run on my laptop to mess with php and HTML on the fly...

            John

            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 22, 2013
              There's also XAMPP which is similar to WAMPP but has a version for any operating system.

              Don