Re: Is there a website that can show my indoor temperature?

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 20, 2013
      This is not something that is currently supported on any of the weather servers so far as I know.

      I would like to see this feature added so that users can have remote sensors to monitor green houses, refrigerators, furnaces, etc. This is really useful especially in cold weather environments where the owner would like to remotely monitor heating systems where a failure could lead to catastrophe such as frozen / broken pipes.

      Currently, you can setup a program called Growl that can be used in conjunction with WUHU. You can set limits in your alarms and if any variable including indoor temperature and humidity fall outside of an acceptable limit, Growl can fire off an email for you. I currently have this setup in my home working with Growl and Gmail. I then get notifications on my smartphone.

      If we could have &userString that could be sent with the other weather data I would create a template mechanism for sending the data. There could also be an option in the station settings to determine whether or not the data should be publicly view able.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Don Lafferty wrote:

      > I don't see any of the supported websites that show indoor temp. Heath
      > would know better so maybe he'll chime in here.
      >
      > You could set up a simple website to show that only. It would be quite
      > simple actually.
      >
      > Don
      >
      > On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 7:43 AM, azbolt wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Howdy,
      > > I'm currently sending my data to wunderground.com, but I need the indoor
      > > temperature available on a website, which wunderground.com doesn't offer
      > > (that I can find anyway). My indoor thermometer is in my greenhouse, so I
      > > need to be able to check the temperature in there online and/or from my
      > > phone. Anyone know of a website that I can send my WUHU data too that
      > > offers the indoor temp online?
      > >
      > > Thanks!
      > > Kevin
      > >

      > --
      > making something that doesn't suck.

    • azbolt
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 20, 2013
        I'll look into Growl as well, I found a website for it that had several 'premade' applications created for it.

        Thanks!
        Kevin

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "wuhu_software" wrote:

        > This is not something that is currently supported on any of the weather servers so far as I know.
        >
        > I would like to see this feature added so that users can have remote sensors to monitor green houses, refrigerators, furnaces, etc. This is really useful especially in cold weather environments where the owner would like to remotely monitor heating systems where a failure could lead to catastrophe such as frozen / broken pipes.
        >
        > Currently, you can setup a program called Growl that can be used in conjunction with WUHU. You can set limits in your alarms and if any variable including indoor temperature and humidity fall outside of an acceptable limit, Growl can fire off an email for you. I currently have this setup in my home working with Growl and Gmail. I then get notifications on my smartphone.
        >
        > If we could have &userString that could be sent with the other weather data I would create a template mechanism for sending the data. There could also be an option in the station settings to determine whether or not the data should be publicly view able.
        >

        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Don Lafferty wrote:
        > >
        > > I don't see any of the supported websites that show indoor temp. Heath
        > > would know better so maybe he'll chime in here.
        > >
        > > You could set up a simple website to show that only. It would be quite
        > > simple actually.
        > >
        > > Don
        > >
        > > On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 7:43 AM, azbolt wrote:
        > >
        > > > **
        > > >

        > > > Howdy,
        > > > I'm currently sending my data to wunderground.com, but I need the indoor
        > > > temperature available on a website, which wunderground.com doesn't offer
        > > > (that I can find anyway). My indoor thermometer is in my greenhouse, so I
        > > > need to be able to check the temperature in there online and/or from my
        > > > phone. Anyone know of a website that I can send my WUHU data too that
        > > > offers the indoor temp online?
        > > >
        > > > Thanks!
        > > > Kevin
        > > >

        > > --
        > > making something that doesn't suck.

      • KNHBRIST1
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 20, 2013
          I even asked YoWindow if they would add an option for PWS to add indoor info.....not interested.
          Steve

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Don Lafferty wrote:

          > I don't see any of the supported websites that show indoor temp. Heath
          > would know better so maybe he'll chime in here.
          >
          > You could set up a simple website to show that only. It would be quite
          > simple actually.
          >
          > Don
          >
          > On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 7:43 AM, azbolt wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > Howdy,
          > > I'm currently sending my data to wunderground.com, but I need the indoor
          > > temperature available on a website, which wunderground.com doesn't offer
          > > (that I can find anyway). My indoor thermometer is in my greenhouse, so I
          > > need to be able to check the temperature in there online and/or from my
          > > phone. Anyone know of a website that I can send my WUHU data too that
          > > offers the indoor temp online?
          > >
          > > Thanks!
          > > Kevin
          > >

          > --
          > making something that doesn't suck.

        • Don Lafferty
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 20, 2013
            I've added it to the template John Liss provided.

            If anyone wants it I can provide it but it's basically taking the outdoor temp row and copying it to a new row and changing outdoor to indoor.  This is done in wx1.txt in the templates folder.

            Don

            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 20, 2013
              We could also add it to the daily stats using the same sequence.

              On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 7:13 PM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
              I've added it to the template John Liss provided.

              If anyone wants it I can provide it but it's basically taking the outdoor temp row and copying it to a new row and changing outdoor to indoor.  This is done in wx1.txt in the templates folder.

              Don

              On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 10:24 AM, KNHBRIST1 <steve_03222@...> wrote:

              I even asked YoWindow if they would add an option for PWS to add indoor info.....not interested.
              Steve

              --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Don Lafferty wrote:

              > I don't see any of the supported websites that show indoor temp. Heath
              > would know better so maybe he'll chime in here.
              >
              > You could set up a simple website to show that only. It would be quite
              > simple actually.
              >
              > Don
              >
              > On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 7:43 AM, azbolt wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > Howdy,
              > > I'm currently sending my data to wunderground.com, but I need the indoor
              > > temperature available on a website, which wunderground.com doesn't offer
              > > (that I can find anyway). My indoor thermometer is in my greenhouse, so I
              > > need to be able to check the temperature in there online and/or from my
              > > phone. Anyone know of a website that I can send my WUHU data too that
              > > offers the indoor temp online?
              > >
              > > Thanks!
              > > Kevin
              > >

              > --
              > making something that doesn't suck.

            • John Liss
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 22, 2013
                I updated the wx1.txt template to include indoor Temp.

                Example:
                http://weather.lissproductions.com/template/1/
                Download:
                http://www.lissproductions.org/wuhu_manual/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=8

                The full how to is here:
                http://www.lissproductions.org/wuhu_manual/the-wuhu-software-manual/exporting-data-out-of-wuhu/creating-a-website-with-wuhu/

                For those of you that want a Indoor webpage, you can look at the variables in the currdat.lst and add them to any of the template pages (wx1,wx2 etc) Make sure you have the Write Extended Data turned on so you get all the extended variables.

                Then upload them to your webserver.

                So if you wanted like Daily Extremes, there is a section in the currdat.lst for that.

                [daily_extremes]
                low_indoor_temperature_time = "08:14:43 AM"
                low_indoor_temperature_time_hms = "08:14:43"
                low_indoor_temperature_deg_C = "17.1"
                low_indoor_temperature_deg_F = "62.8"
                high_indoor_temperature_time = "12:17:55 AM"
                high_indoor_temperature_time_hms = "00:17:55"
                high_indoor_temperature_deg_C = "18.4"
                high_indoor_temperature_deg_F = "65.1"
                low_indoor_humidity_time = "09:23:39 AM"
                low_indoor_humidity_time_hms = "09:23:39"
                low_indoor_humidity = "31.0"
                high_indoor_humidity_time = "08:43:21 AM"
                high_indoor_humidity_time_hms = "08:43:21"
                high_indoor_humidity = "34.0"

                The variables translate to the template pages like:

                %[daily_extremes]low_indoor_temperature_time%

                So in the template you can do something like:

                The indoor low was  %[daily_extremes]low_indoor_temperature_deg_F% deg F at %[daily_extremes]low_indoor_temperature_time%

                Which would produce:
                The indoor low was  62.8 deg F at 08:14:43 AM

                Questions? Let me know.

                -John

                On 1/20/2013 8:13 PM, Don Lafferty wrote:
                I've added it to the template John Liss provided.

                If anyone wants it I can provide it but it's basically taking the outdoor temp row and copying it to a new row and changing outdoor to indoor.  This is done in wx1.txt in the templates folder.

                Don

                On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 10:24 AM, KNHBRIST1 <steve_03222@...> wrote:

                I even asked YoWindow if they would add an option for PWS to add indoor info.....not interested.
                Steve

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Don Lafferty wrote:

                > I don't see any of the supported websites that show indoor temp. Heath
                > would know better so maybe he'll chime in here.
                >
                > You could set up a simple website to show that only. It would be quite
                > simple actually.
                >
                > Don
                >
                > On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 7:43 AM, azbolt wrote:
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > > Howdy,
                > > I'm currently sending my data to wunderground.com, but I need the indoor
                > > temperature available on a website, which wunderground.com doesn't offer
                > > (that I can find anyway). My indoor thermometer is in my greenhouse, so I
                > > need to be able to check the temperature in there online and/or from my
                > > phone. Anyone know of a website that I can send my WUHU data too that
                > > offers the indoor temp online?
                > >
                > > Thanks!
                > > Kevin
                > >

                > --
                > making something that doesn't suck.

              • Tony Randazzo
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 22, 2013
                  Hey thanks John....
                  Its amazing what one can learn and not even know it, when they look at those files Smile

                  Tony

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 22, 2013
                    Oh and I forgot...  Don't have a local web server and want an easy one to install?

                    http://www.wampserver.com/

                    Wamp is what I run on my laptop to mess with php and HTML on the fly...

                    John

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 22, 2013
                      There's also XAMPP which is similar to WAMPP but has a version for any operating system.

                      Don