Re: [wuhu_software_group] Website Configuration...

  • Don Lafferty
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 20, 2013
      All templates are in there own folders:
      c:\program files\wuhu\html\wx1.html
      c:\program files\wuhu\html\wx2.html
      c:\program files\wuhu\html\wx3.html
      c:\program files\wuhu\html\wx4.html
      c:\program files\wuhu\html\wx5.html
      c:\program files\wuhu\html\wx6.html
      c:\program files\wuhu\html\wx7.html
      All HTML documents are located at:
      c:\programs\wuhu\html\weather-print.css
      c:\programs\wuhu\html\weather-screen.css
      c:\programs\wuhu\html\index.html
      c:\programs\wuhu\html\wx2.html
      c:\programs\wuhu\html\wx3.html
      c:\programs\wuhu\html\wx4.html
      c:\programs\wuhu\html\wx5.html
      c:\programs\wuhu\html\wx6.html
      c:\programs\wuhu\html\wx7.html

      Looking at that info you say the templates are under their own folder but the paths you list don't show the templates at all and actually list the HTML files twice.

      Your templates need to be in the c:\program files\wuhu\templates and they should have .txt as a file type rather than .html as you have listed.

      Take a look at that and see if it's what your problem is.

      If that doesn't fix it I could log in to your computer using Team Viewer if you wanted.

      Don

      On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 5:32 AM, Tony Randazzo <tony@...> wrote:

      Hi -
      Here is the information in the General Settings tab:
      HeavyWeather Currdat.LST Output File Configuration (INI Text File Output)
      Write currdat.lst is checked
      Write Extended Data is checked

      Tony

      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 20, 2013
        Oops sorry Don...The templates are txt files...my bad....I had two windows open

        Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:52 AM

        All templates are in there own folders:
        C:\Program Files\WUHU\Templates\wx1.txt
        C:\Program Files\WUHU\Templates\wx2.txt
        C:\Program Files\WUHU\Templates\wx3.txt
        C:\Program Files\WUHU\Templates\wx4.txt
        C:\Program Files\WUHU\Templates\wx5.txt
        C:\Program Files\WUHU\Templates\wx6.txt
        C:\Program Files\WUHU\Templates\wx7.txt
        All HTML documents are located at:
        C:\Program Files\WUHU\html\weather-print.css
        C:\Program Files\WUHU\html\weather-screen.css
        C:\Program Files\WUHU\html\index.html

        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 20, 2013
          Okay that's correct.  Do you want to try Team Viewer?

          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 20, 2013
            Just so you're clear on this.  The .txt files have the WUHU codes in them.  WUHU takes those files and substitutes the real data and creates the .html files.  If your .html files end up with the codes in them like yours seem to be then you have something else going on.

            Remove the index.html file from the WUHU/html folder and wait for an update.  After the update you should now have an index.html file in the WUHU html folder.  If you do then WUHU did what it was supposed to do as far as taking the template and making the new .html file.

            Open that new file and verify it has temps and humidity instead of codes.  If it does have codes then it sounds more like you're not writing the extended data quite right.

            Don

            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 20, 2013
              Don -
              Yep I understand...
              I do believe I am missing something.  No problem with Teamviewer, I use that as well for many things.
              I will send over my number and the password to access,  will be sent to your personal email ok?

              Tony

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 20, 2013
                    To anyone who uses Team Viewer, I think they moved up to version 8.

                    I love that program. Free for private use. Highly recommend.

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 20, 2013
                      Ok after working on this for a while, it is finally working.  A great big THANK YOU to Don for the assistance he gave me, he was the one that came through and tied it all together...You Rock Smile
                      I do so appreciate it.

                      Tony

                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 20, 2013
                        You're welcome.  Glad it's working now.