Re: [wuhu_software_group] Website Configuration...

  • Tony Randazzo
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 20, 2013
      the + characters are only used in the email to break up the information.
      template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx1.txt" "c:\program files\wuhu\html\index.html"
      template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx2.txt" "c:\program files\wuhu\html\wx2.html"
      template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx3.txt" "c:\program files\wuhu\html\wx3.html"
      template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx4.txt" "c:\program files\wuhu\html\wx4.html"
      template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx5.txt" "c:\program files\wuhu\html\wx5.html"
      template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx6.txt" "c:\program files\wuhu\html\wx6.html"
      template:"c:\program files\wuhu\templates\wx7.txt" "c:\program files\wuhu\html\wx7.html"
      ftp://****:*****@... "C:\Program Files\wuhu\HTML\index.html" "/wuhu/index.html" "C:\Program Files\wuhu\HTML\wx2.html" "/wuhu/wx2.html" "C:\Program Files\wuhu\HTML\wx3.html" "/wuhu/wx3.html" "C:\Program Files\wuhu\HTML\wx4.html" "/wuhu/wx4.html" "C:\Program Files\wuhu\HTML\wx5.html" "/wuhu/wx5.html" "C:\Program Files\wuhu\HTML\wx6.html" "/wuhu/wx6.html" "C:\Program Files\wuhu\HTML\wx7.html" "/wuhu/wx7.html"
      This is in the action line in wuhu--------   actionfile:"C:\Program Files\WUHU\Action.txt"
      LOCATIONS:
      The action.txt is not in a folder of its own, its located at:
      C:\programs\wuhu\action.txt
      All templates are in there own folders:
      c:\program files\wuhu\html\wx1.html
      c:\program files\wuhu\html\wx2.html
      c:\program files\wuhu\html\wx3.html
      c:\program files\wuhu\html\wx4.html
      c:\program files\wuhu\html\wx5.html
      c:\program files\wuhu\html\wx6.html
      c:\program files\wuhu\html\wx7.html
      All HTML documents are located at:
      c:\programs\wuhu\html\weather-print.css
      c:\programs\wuhu\html\weather-screen.css
      c:\programs\wuhu\html\index.html
      c:\programs\wuhu\html\wx2.html
      c:\programs\wuhu\html\wx3.html
      c:\programs\wuhu\html\wx4.html
      c:\programs\wuhu\html\wx5.html
      c:\programs\wuhu\html\wx6.html
      c:\programs\wuhu\html\wx7.html
      Don after typing all this info out, I also noticed that these files are residing under c:\programs\wuhu:
      csv
      currdat_extended_template
      currdat_template
      daily
      extended
      HighsAndLows
      hourly
      wxbear_template

      I am wondering if these belong in the template file.  I am going to copy them over, but in the interim would you mind looking over this info ...
      Thanks
      Tony

      Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2013 12:15 AM
      Subject: Re: [wuhu_software_group] Website Configuration...

      It looks like your templates are not getting updated with the data from WUHU.  Can you post your action file again?  Make sure you remove your password at least before you post.  No need to show that to everyone.

      And what is on your action line in WUHU?  Also do you have your templates, html, and action files in 3 different folders?  You don't have to but it makes it easier to remember what's what.

      DON

      ;)

      On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 8:33 PM, Tony R <tony@...> wrote:

      Ok so so far my biggest problem was actually getting the information to FTP to my website..I am happy to say that Dan Lafferty, gave me some good info...buttttttt I am still having an issue.

      That is the information that should be appearing on the webpage, is just showing the coding still.
      Is there something special I should be doing with that coding?
      If you wouldnt mind can you take a look at it (anyone) and maybe help me figure this out.

      here is an example of what I am speaking of:

      Updated: %[time2]time_12hr_verbose%

      what is actually showing up is:
      Updated: %[time2]time_12hr_verbose%

      I dont get it..

      Thanks in advance
      Tony
      www.kbaam.com/wuhu/index.html

    • Tony Randazzo
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 20, 2013
        Hi -
        Here is the information in the General Settings tab:
        HeavyWeather Currdat.LST Output File Configuration (INI Text File Output)
        Write currdat.lst is checked
        Write Extended Data is checked

        Tony

        In the WUHU Setup, General Settings, make sure that the "Write Extended Data" check box is checked.

        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 20, 2013
          What type of station do you have?

          Note that the currdat.lst output by WUHU should not be the same file used as input from Heavyweather.

          Can you post a link to your website?

          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 20, 2013
            Station Type: WMR100A

            http://www.kbaam.com/wuhu/index.html <- information wont propagate

            http://www.kbaam.com/wuhu/wx4.html <- information wont propagate

            http://www.kbaam.com/wuhu/wx5.html <- information wont propagate, but I fully believe I will need to link those to my weather underground graphs or some other type of graph.  Not too terribly worried about page just yet Smile

            Tony

            Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:45 AM
            Subject: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Website Configuration...

            To: mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: Re: [wuhu_software_group] Website Configuration...
            >

            > In the WUHU Setup, General Settings, make sure that
            the "Write Extended Data" check box is checked.

            href="mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com
            > Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2013 11:33 PM
            > Subject:
            [wuhu_software_group] Website Configuration...

            > Ok so so far my biggest problem was actually getting the information to
            FTP to my website..I am happy to say that Dan Lafferty, gave me some good info...buttttttt I am still having an issue.

            > That is the
            information that should be appearing on the webpage, is just showing the coding still.
            > Is there something special I should be doing with that coding?
            > If you wouldnt mind can you take a look at it (anyone) and maybe help
            me figure this out.

            > here is an example of what I am speaking
            of:

            > Updated: %[time2]time_12hr_verbose%
            >

            > what is actually showing up is:
            > Updated:
            %[time2]time_12hr_verbose%

            > I dont get it..

            Thanks in advance
            > Tony

            www.kbaam.com/wuhu/index.html

          • Don Lafferty
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 20, 2013
              All templates are in there own folders:
              c:\program files\wuhu\html\wx1.html
              c:\program files\wuhu\html\wx2.html
              c:\program files\wuhu\html\wx3.html
              c:\program files\wuhu\html\wx4.html
              c:\program files\wuhu\html\wx5.html
              c:\program files\wuhu\html\wx6.html
              c:\program files\wuhu\html\wx7.html
              All HTML documents are located at:
              c:\programs\wuhu\html\weather-print.css
              c:\programs\wuhu\html\weather-screen.css
              c:\programs\wuhu\html\index.html
              c:\programs\wuhu\html\wx2.html
              c:\programs\wuhu\html\wx3.html
              c:\programs\wuhu\html\wx4.html
              c:\programs\wuhu\html\wx5.html
              c:\programs\wuhu\html\wx6.html
              c:\programs\wuhu\html\wx7.html

              Looking at that info you say the templates are under their own folder but the paths you list don't show the templates at all and actually list the HTML files twice.

              Your templates need to be in the c:\program files\wuhu\templates and they should have .txt as a file type rather than .html as you have listed.

              Take a look at that and see if it's what your problem is.

              If that doesn't fix it I could log in to your computer using Team Viewer if you wanted.

              Don

              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 20, 2013
                Oops sorry Don...The templates are txt files...my bad....I had two windows open

                Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:52 AM

                All templates are in there own folders:
                C:\Program Files\WUHU\Templates\wx1.txt
                C:\Program Files\WUHU\Templates\wx2.txt
                C:\Program Files\WUHU\Templates\wx3.txt
                C:\Program Files\WUHU\Templates\wx4.txt
                C:\Program Files\WUHU\Templates\wx5.txt
                C:\Program Files\WUHU\Templates\wx6.txt
                C:\Program Files\WUHU\Templates\wx7.txt
                All HTML documents are located at:
                C:\Program Files\WUHU\html\weather-print.css
                C:\Program Files\WUHU\html\weather-screen.css

                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 20, 2013
                  Okay that's correct.  Do you want to try Team Viewer?

                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 20, 2013
                    Just so you're clear on this.  The .txt files have the WUHU codes in them.  WUHU takes those files and substitutes the real data and creates the .html files.  If your .html files end up with the codes in them like yours seem to be then you have something else going on.

                    Remove the index.html file from the WUHU/html folder and wait for an update.  After the update you should now have an index.html file in the WUHU html folder.  If you do then WUHU did what it was supposed to do as far as taking the template and making the new .html file.

                    Open that new file and verify it has temps and humidity instead of codes.  If it does have codes then it sounds more like you're not writing the extended data quite right.

                    Don

                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 20, 2013
                      Don -
                      Yep I understand...
                      I do believe I am missing something.  No problem with Teamviewer, I use that as well for many things.
                      I will send over my number and the password to access,  will be sent to your personal email ok?

                      Tony

                          Message 12 of 17 , Jan 20, 2013
                            To anyone who uses Team Viewer, I think they moved up to version 8.

                            I love that program. Free for private use. Highly recommend.

                            Message 13 of 17 , Jan 20, 2013
                              Ok after working on this for a while, it is finally working.  A great big THANK YOU to Don for the assistance he gave me, he was the one that came through and tied it all together...You Rock Smile
                              I do so appreciate it.

                              Tony

                              Message 14 of 17 , Jan 20, 2013
                                You're welcome.  Glad it's working now.