Re: LaCrosse PWS from Costco (Model C86234) Help uploading data to Websites

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 14, 2013
      HW Beta 2.0 is only for the WS-23XX consoles.

      Use whatever version of HW Pro that came with the station.

      You must use currdat.lst file monitoring mode with the WS-28XX compatible stations.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "elmokid1947" wrote:

      > Hello,
      > I received a LaCrosse PWS Model C86234 (purchased from Costco) as a gift for Christmas and I would like to use it to upload my weather data to both Wunderground.com and to my personal website.
      >
      > I have done a lot of reading but a lot of the articles are dated (2006-2009) about just what is required. I read somewhere that the C86234 is the "same' as the model WS-2814U-IT but somewhere it was said that there is a slight difference in some data format or transfer protocol.
      >
      > I am also confused about whether recent versions Heavy Weather (or Beta 2.0 still?) or Heavy Weather Pro is required to interface with WUHU software.
      >
      > I have installed HeavyWeather.exe and HeavyWeatherService.exe (not at same time) and interfaced to the LaCrosseAlerts.exe software and it "works" but most times displays delayed (~11 hours) data.
      >
      > Myconfiguration:
      > LaCrosse C86234 PWS
      > Windows 7 OS:
      > 16GB RAM
      > 8 CPUs
      >
      > As you can tell, I need help.
      >
      > Any and all help will be appreciated.
      >
      > Thanks in advance.

    • Keith Berry
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 14, 2013

        LaCrosse's page for your station with other info is here http://lacrossetechnology.com/c86234/index.php

        They also now have a program similar for WUHU for some of their WX stations, including ours called PWS Alerts.  I have not tried it yet, but will research it when I get home as I have a WS-28XX station it is supposed to work with.

        Keith

        HW Beta 2.0 is only for the WS-23XX consoles.

        Use whatever version of HW Pro that came with the station.

        You must use currdat.lst file monitoring mode with the WS-28XX compatible stations.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "elmokid1947" wrote:

        > Hello,
        > I received a LaCrosse PWS Model C86234 (purchased from Costco) as a gift for Christmas and I would like to use it to upload my weather data to both Wunderground.com and to my personal website.
        >
        > I have done a lot of reading but a lot of the articles are dated (2006-2009) about just what is required. I read somewhere that the C86234 is the "same' as the model WS-2814U-IT but somewhere it was said that there is a slight difference in some data format or transfer protocol.
        >
        > I am also confused about whether recent versions Heavy Weather (or Beta 2.0 still?) or Heavy Weather Pro is required to interface with WUHU software.
        >
        > I have installed HeavyWeather.exe and HeavyWeatherService.exe (not at same time) and interfaced to the LaCrosseAlerts.exe software and it "works" but most times displays delayed (~11 hours) data.
        >
        > Myconfiguration:
        > LaCrosse C86234 PWS
        > Windows 7 OS:
        > 16GB RAM
        > 8 CPUs
        >
        > As you can tell, I need help.
        >
        > Any and all help will be appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks in advance.

      • Keith Berry
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 14, 2013
          After looking at the PWS Alerts software, it seems to only allow you to remotely view your station info, and doesn't seem to be an uploader to the online services like WUHU is.  Both use the data from the currdat.lst file.

          Keith

          They also now have a program similar for WUHU for some of their WX stations, including ours called PWS Alerts.  I have not tried it yet, but will research it when I get home as I have a WS-28XX station it is supposed to work with.

          Keith

          HW Beta 2.0 is only for the WS-23XX consoles.

          Use whatever version of HW Pro that came with the station.

          You must use currdat.lst file monitoring mode with the WS-28XX compatible stations.

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "elmokid1947" wrote:

          > Hello,
          > I received a LaCrosse PWS Model C86234 (purchased from Costco) as a gift for Christmas and I would like to use it to upload my weather data to both Wunderground.com and to my personal website.
          >
          > I have done a lot of reading but a lot of the articles are dated (2006-2009) about just what is required. I read somewhere that the C86234 is the "same' as the model WS-2814U-IT but somewhere it was said that there is a slight difference in some data format or transfer protocol.
          >
          > I am also confused about whether recent versions Heavy Weather (or Beta 2.0 still?) or Heavy Weather Pro is required to interface with WUHU software.
          >
          > I have installed HeavyWeather.exe and HeavyWeatherService.exe (not at same time) and interfaced to the LaCrosseAlerts.exe software and it "works" but most times displays delayed (~11 hours) data.
          >
          > Myconfiguration:
          > LaCrosse C86234 PWS
          > Windows 7 OS:
          > 16GB RAM
          > 8 CPUs
          >
          > As you can tell, I need help.
          >
          > Any and all help will be appreciated.
          >
          > Thanks in advance.

        • Don Keating
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 14, 2013
            Hi Group;

            I went to attempt to get my 2811 unit to communicate quicker with the console indoors today... that was the last it communicated. I have tried the restarts for 5 hours, nothing. I'm done with it. Unless there's a miracle overnight the 2811 has been retired. :-(

            Anyhow, I may already have the answer in the WUHU program now, but, what weather stations besides La Cross are able to work in tandem with the WUHU program so I don't have to Mickey Mouse around trying to figure out a new program? Thank you in advance!

            Don in Ohio
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 14, 2013
              If you are going to upgrade, I would go with a Davis.