Re: WUHU action/script file question

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 4, 2013
      There is a way to process a script using something called time limiters. It is too early in the morning for to recall the details on the syntax so have a look at the online manual. If you have any questions let us know. I believe that is all that you would need with your existing setup.

      I would create a separate action file that is used with the time limiter since you are probably doing more than just processing a single template at the desired time.

      The only caveat with time limiters is that they work best with station types that are sure to receive a complete update each minute.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Leinweber" wrote:

      > Here is the deal. Using internal memory variables and action/batch files,
      > I have successfully sent myself an email every night for the last two months
      > with an attachment that contains the following information (example):
      >

      > Time Hack: Wed Jan 02 23:54:23 2013
      >
      > Daily extremes low outdoor temperature= 38.9
      > Daily extremes low outdoor temperature time 10:34:22 PM
      >
      > Daily extremes high outdoor temperature= 44.2
      > Daily extremes high outdoor temperature time 12:14:57 AM
      >
      > Daily extreme low outdoor Wind Chill= 34.0
      > Daily extreme low outdoor Wind Chill time 03:27:57 AM
      >
      > Max Wind Gust= 25.9 MPH
      > Daily Max Win Direction was from the N at 01:26:57
      >
      > Daily extreme Rain Fall= 0.00 Inches at 23:54:22
      > Hourly Rain Fall= 0.00 inch(s)
      >
      > Daily RainFall= 0.00
      > 24 hr outdoor rain fall = 0.00 inch(s)
      >
      > Total Rain Fall = 13.97 inches since 08-10-2012
      >
      > (End of file)
      >

      > The method that I use to obtain this data is to write the necessary memory
      > variables each time that there is an update and that means writing all that
      > data over and over and then using the Windows scheduler to execute a
      > sendmail batch file and attach this data to the email just before midnight
      > each day. The daily extremes start over at midnight for the next day and
      > "adjust" all day till midnight. Basically what I am doing is a very sloppy
      > way to do business...I thought maybe a time mask or batch file, perhaps
      > there is a time interrupt scheme or some other ingenious method within WUHU
      > would allow me to only write the memory variables one time very near
      > midnight and allow me to capture all of the "extremes" of the day.
      >
      > I guess I just like to have a bunch of "useless data", but I find this data
      > interesting.
      >
      > 73,
      > Bob

    • John Liss
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 4, 2013
        Something like:

        time(00:00,23:59,@1 ):sendmail.exe "-f someone@... -u Yup it
        worked -m body of email"

        More details here:
        http://www.lissproductions.org/wuhu_manual/the-wuhu-software-manual/exporting-data-out-of-wuhu/performing-multiple-actions-in-wuhu-using-a-action-file/using-action-limiters-in-action-files/

        You can get sendmail.exe from:
        http://www.lissproductions.org/wuhu_manual/the-wuhu-software-manual/wuhu-download-page/

        On 1/3/2013 9:47 AM, wb5omr wrote:
        > Can anyone tell me how to generate an action at or near midnight to execute a script file in WUHU.
        >
        > Here is what I am currently doing:
        >
        > I execute a script file to capture memory variables (extreme daily temp, wind chill, highs, lows and rainfall, wind gust,etc for that day) but I am using the weather update action in WUHU, so I write this data on every update and then use sendmail to delivery the data as an email message at or @ 11:59 PM. The problem is that this is very write intensive, so if I could, within WUHU, generate an interupt (or action) just before midnight, I can greatly reduce the CPU/program overhead and save my usb stick some wear and tear.
        >
        > Maybe there is a better way to scrounge this data, but I am not aware of it.
        >
        > I am new to the Yahoo group so if someone has already been here and done this, I would appreciate the help.
        >
        > Bob

        > WUHU Download page:

      • Robert Leinweber
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 4, 2013
          John:

          Thanks! I think this is what I am looking for...now I just need to try it
          out! I may move the email out of the windows scheduler, but this solution
          will probably solve my problem.
          Maybe something like: time(23:53,23:59,@1 ):daily_extreme_to_file.bat
          should reduce my write on update down to a few minutes instead of the 24/7
          that I am currently doing.

          I will let you know how it works after the implementation and testing.

          Bob

          >> Can anyone tell me how to generate an action at or near midnight to
          >> execute a script file in WUHU.
          >>
          >> Here is what I am currently doing:
          >>
          >> I execute a script file to capture memory variables (extreme daily temp,
          >> wind chill, highs, lows and rainfall, wind gust,etc for that day) but I
          >> am using the weather update action in WUHU, so I write this data on every
          >> update and then use sendmail to delivery the data as an email message at
          >> or @ 11:59 PM. The problem is that this is very write intensive, so if I
          >> could, within WUHU, generate an interupt (or action) just before
          >> midnight, I can greatly reduce the CPU/program overhead and save my usb
          >> stick some wear and tear.
          >>
          >> Maybe there is a better way to scrounge this data, but I am not aware of
          >> it.
          >>
          >> I am new to the Yahoo group so if someone has already been here and done
          >> this, I would appreciate the help.
          >>
          >> Bob

          >> WUHU Download page:

          > WUHU Download page:

        • Robert Leinweber
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 11, 2013
            John:

            Finally gave it a try..Looks good so far..will watch it a week or so and
            then declare victory!

            Here is what the action file looks like:

            time(23:45,23:59):template:"b:\WUHU\templates\summary.txt"
            "b:\WUHU\weatherdata\%m%d%y_summary.csv"
            time(23:45,23:59):template:"b:\WUHU\templates\summary.txt"
            "b:\WUHU\killdir\summary.txt"

            Looks like it gives me what I wanted without all that machine overhead! I
            use sendmail to send me the file from the killdir and keep the date specific
            file in my weatherdata directory. What a deal!

            Thanks,
            Bob

            >> Can anyone tell me how to generate an action at or near midnight to
            >> execute a script file in WUHU.
            >>
            >> Here is what I am currently doing:
            >>
            >> I execute a script file to capture memory variables (extreme daily temp,
            >> wind chill, highs, lows and rainfall, wind gust,etc for that day) but I
            >> am using the weather update action in WUHU, so I write this data on every
            >> update and then use sendmail to delivery the data as an email message at
            >> or @ 11:59 PM. The problem is that this is very write intensive, so if I
            >> could, within WUHU, generate an interupt (or action) just before
            >> midnight, I can greatly reduce the CPU/program overhead and save my usb
            >> stick some wear and tear.
            >>
            >> Maybe there is a better way to scrounge this data, but I am not aware of
            >> it.
            >>
            >> I am new to the Yahoo group so if someone has already been here and done
            >> this, I would appreciate the help.
            >>
            >> Bob

            >> WUHU Download page:

            > WUHU Download page:

          • John Liss
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 12, 2013
              Very Cool Bob,

              Please let us know if it is working for you : ] Looks like you are on
              the right track though.

              -John