WeatherBug Pressure Issue

  • weatherbugnathan
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 28, 2012
      Hi everyone,

      I'm seeing a Pressure issue with someone trying to send data to us using WUHU. He's using a Lacrosse Station. Can you guys assist? I've attached the conversation below.

      Thanks!

      Nathan Parker

      WeatherBug Backyard
      by Earth Networks
      Begin forwarded message:

      Hi,

      Newbie here.

      Poked around with the WUHU uploader. I didn't see any discrepancy between the Lacrosse weather station Heavy Weather SW, the WUHU uploaders and the LCD on the wall WRT to pressure. Nor any setting to adjust altitude that might come in to play if it matters that we are ~4600 ft in elevation.

      Does weatherbug have other PWS (lacrosse) working with WUHU uploaders?

      Fri Dec 28 14:09:46 2012 > WeatherBug Live Upload:
      Sending URL:http://data.backyard2.weatherbug.com/data/livedata.aspx?
      ID=p16026&
      Key=*********&
      num=27622&
      dateutc=2012-12-28+22%3A09%3A06&
      winddir=270&
      windspeedmph=1.3&
      windgustdir=270&
      windgustmph=1.3&
      winddir_avg2m=265&
      windspdmph_avg2m=0.8&
      windgustdir_10m=270&
      windgustmph_10m=1.3&
      tempf=31.5&
      rainin=0.00&
      dailyrainin=0.00&
      baromin=25.47&
      dewptf=19.6&
      humidity=61&
      windchillf=0&
      indoortempf=65.7&
      indoorhumidity=35&
      weather=&
      clouds=&
      softwaretype=WUHU216HW&
      action=live

      Weatherbug has this kind of error.
      Station: Success: p16026 : 12/28/2012 5:15:10 PM:QueryString:Pressure Er::25.5270588235294
      System Restart: / 1.1.1

      WUHU Uploader looks nominal (IMO)

      Robert
      On 12/27/2012 4:56 PM, Nathan Parker wrote:

      Hi there!

      I'm seeing an error code for your station for your barometric pressure:
      http://data.backyard2.weatherbug.com/data/ecv.aspx?ID=p16026&NUM=27622

      Check your console's elevation/pressure and your publishing app's elevation/pressure (if applicable), and also feel free to email me your elevation so I can check our end. That'll help us go down the line and see where the kink is.

      Thanks!

      Nathan Parker

      WeatherBug Backyard
      by Earth Networks
      Hi,

      More than 3 days, still not seeing our PWS weather data on weatherbug page nor on the upload-data-confirmation-test-url page.

      Can you see any easy fix?

      Robert
    • Bob Tyszka
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 28, 2012
            I have a LaCrosse WS 2308 and use WUHU to upload.  I have not had the problem with different pressure values.  The same pressure displays on all the sites.

        Bob Tyszka
        California City, CA
        CW9012 / KCACALIF5

        Click for
California City, California Forecast

        --

      • Don Lafferty

          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 28, 2012
            On 12/28/12 5:51 PM, Don Lafferty wrote:

            25.anything seems quite impossible.

            Not really, hurricanes aside.  25.something would be a possible if the the barometer is adjusted at sea level and moved unadjusted to a higher elevation.  That is the principle of measuring elevation with a barometer, or how an altimeter in an aircraft works.

            Bob T.
          • Don Lafferty

                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 1, 2013

                  Nathan and Robert,

                  I’m running a cheapie LaCrosse WS-2813U-IT and it works very well. I didn't recall any setting for altitude on my system, but in looking through the docs, I realized that they had me use a local calibrated barometer to set the relative pressure. Enter that in the base unit and it should convert future absolute readings to relative.

                  Happy New Year,

                  Mark Stephenson

                  WeatherUnderground: KAZPHOEN140

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 1, 2013
                      Don,

                      I'm not on WeatherBug. Just a personal preference. As a computer tech, for years I was taking that off people's PCs. I had heard (rightly or wrongly at the time) that it was low-level spyware. At the very least, on corporate networks, it was utilizing bandwidth which, back in those days, was a precious commodity. So I've never been a fan.

                      In this instance, he was reporting to WeatherBug what he station was recording, so it seemed like an recording error rather than a reporting one. I hope my suggestion helps.

                      Mark Stephenson
                      WeatherUnderground: KAZPHOEN140

                      P.S. Since you asked, I'll start a new thread on the topic of weather services. I've stuck with WU alone since I installed my station.

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jan 2, 2013
                          Thanks everyone for your assistance! I think he's good to go, but I'll let you know if he has further questions. You've all been GREAT!