Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Problem with Action File

  • Don Lafferty
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 27, 2012
      Never mind.  I tried it on my second installation and it runs fine.

      On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
      Can someone please try putting in an action file the following and tell me if Notepad opens when it runs.

      Notepad.exe

      or

      C:\Windows\Notepad.exe

      or

      "C:\Windows\Notepad.exe"

      When I use either of the first 2 on the action line by themselves they cause Notepad to pop open but when I put any of them in an action file and call it using WUHU's normal method of calling nothing happens.

      I want to find out if it's my computer that's causing the issue or is it really something with WUHU.

      Thanks
      Don

      On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 8:12 AM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
      Yes I tried it without the quotes.  The first 2 lines run but the third doesn't.  I know it worked a couple of years ago and then all of a sudden on one of the updates I did it stopped working.

      Can you try it using either Notepad.exe or "Notepad.exe" or with the path in front and just verify that notepad should pop open if it's correct and just what it expects to see?  Does matching the case matter?

      Thanks
      Don

      On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 4:39 AM, wuhu_software <wuhu_software@...> wrote:

      I would remove the quoutes around WUHU_Tweet.exe, that can't be good.

      You might also try specifying the entire path to the .exe.

      If you copied it in to the WUHU directory then use:

      C:\Program Files\WUHU\WUHU_Tweet "..."

      Where ... is all of the other arguments.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "laffert@..." <don@...> wrote:

      > I had a problem running WUHU_Tweet with an action file a while ago and finally gave up and just ran it from the action line.
      >
      > Now that I've got my Davis I would like to go back to the action file but for some reason it won't run any executable that I put in.
      >
      > I tried the following:
      >
      > template:"C:\Program Files\WUHU\templates\csv.txt" "C:\Program Files\WUHU\data\data.csv"
      > time(00:00,23:59,@5 ):ftp://don:ru48643@...: "C:\Program Files\WUHU\data\Yotest.xml" "/httpdocs/yowindow/Yotest.xml"

      > "WUHU_Tweet.exe" "%TimeHHMM%|<metarsky>%MetarSkyConditions%</metarsky>|<metarweather>%MetarWeatherConditions%</metarweather>|Temp (d=0)%OutdoorTempDegF% F|Hum (d=0)%OutdoorHumidity% %|Pres (d=1)%OutdoorPressureRelativeINHG%|24Hr Rain (d=1)%OutdoorRain24HrIN%|WndSpd (d=0)%OutdoorWindSpeedMPH% MPH|WndDir %OutdoorWindDirectionLetters%|WndChll (d=0)%OutdoorWindchillF% F"
      >

      > and it runs the first 2 lines just fine but never executes the 3rd line (with WUHU_Tweet.exe on it).
      >
      > I also tried putting in just WUHU_Tweet.exe both in quotes and not in quotes and then I tried putting in notepad.exe and it won't run either.
      >
      > Is there something obvious I'm doing wrong?

    • KNHBRIST1
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 27, 2012
        I can do that, "never mind"....LOL ... was not sure how to do the previous request.
      • Don Lafferty
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 27, 2012
          I don't have any idea why it wouldn't work before but it's working fine now.

          I am stumped but as long as it's working I'll take it.

          Thanks
          Don