Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: I did it

  • Don Lafferty
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 20, 2012
      I checked the manual and you can set all of this from the console without needing the software.
      Don

      On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 7:11 AM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
      I would hope you can do the barometric pressure from the console.  In fact I would complain to Davis if you can't do all of that without WeatherLink as that would make it so you needed to spend a lot just to be able to access all the stuff inside the console.

      Don

      On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 6:51 AM, <cpr@...> wrote:

      I'm fairly sure you'll need WeatherLlink to set up the console (things like lat/long, elevation and barometric pressure) and any time you need to update the barometer.

      Jerry

      > Can someone confirm that there is no real reason to install the WeatherLink
      > software on my computer if I plan to use WUHU only?

    • Phillip Potter
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 20, 2012
        I keep a copy of Weatherlink on my computer to download and archive the accumulative data from the VP2.  Otherwise, it's lost.

        Phil_in_CA
        CW2620
        KCACOALI3
        N6OMM

        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 20, 2012
          That's a good idea but isn't my data archived on Weather Underground too?

          On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Phillip Potter <p.potter@...> wrote:

          I keep a copy of Weatherlink on my computer to download and archive the accumulative data from the VP2.  Otherwise, it's lost.

          Phil_in_CA
          CW2620
          KCACOALI3
          N6OMM

          On 12/20/2012 8:43 AM, Don Lafferty wrote:

          I checked the manual and you can set all of this from the console without needing the software.

          Don

          On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 7:11 AM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
          I would hope you can do the barometric pressure from the console.  In fact I would complain to Davis if you can't do all of that without WeatherLink as that would make it so you needed to spend a lot just to be able to access all the stuff inside the console.

          Don

          On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 6:51 AM, <cpr@...> wrote:

          I'm fairly sure you'll need WeatherLlink to set up the console (things like lat/long, elevation and barometric pressure) and any time you need to update the barometer.

          Jerry

          > Can someone confirm that there is no real reason to install the WeatherLink
          > software on my computer if I plan to use WUHU only?

        • KNHBRIST1
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 20, 2012
            You can also save your data through WUHU. Mine is set up to save my data and create a file each month.