Re: Ultimeter 2000 console updating problem

  • rgould19545
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 19, 2012
      I'm assuming that the Updates count in the lower left corner is indicating updates received from the console. Often, when I start WUHU the Updates will remain 0/0 and sensor readings in the left column are OFL. When things start correctly I see the Updates incrementing at about the rate that the Ultimeter transmits its data record and also see good sensor reading in the left column.

      I believe that when it stops working after thousands of updates, the Updates count stops incrementing and sensor reading in the left column are not updated. I believe that WUHU is still alive in that I can get to the log and other screens in WUHU. I'll pay closer attention to that problem when I see it again. This problem does not occur as often as in did in the previous version.

      I'll look into Team Viewer 8 and see if I can get that instaled.

      Ron

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "wuhu_software" wrote:

      The alarms should have nothing to do with new data being received from the console. Anything is possible in software however.

      When you say it is not updating without the pressure alarms checked, what method are you using to determine whether or not data is being collected from the console versus uploaded to a website?

      When it is working, and it perhaps runs for thousands of updates, is the user interface to the program dead? How do you determine there is a problem?

      If this happens fairly frequently, I can remote in to your system using a program called Team Viewer 8 to have a look if you install that application.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "wuhu_software" wrote:

      The alarms are disabled under the Actions screen. The pressure alarms are at the right at the top. Un-check the boxes.

      Tried for a couple of hours to start WUHU with the pressure alarms boxes un-checked. It would not start updating from the console. Then I checked the boxes and on the next start it reported a pressure alarm and started updating from the console.

      I have not heard of an issue with the Ultimeters...

      Are you using a USB to serial adapter? If so, that is the most likely cause. Consider buying a real serial card or try the IOGear usb to serial adapter. That is the only flawless one that I am aware. If you have Windows 7, I cannot be sure whether the IOGear one is flawless or not as I have only tested under XP SP3.

      I'm using a real serial port, one that I have been using for some time with the Ultimeter without problems.

      Ron

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "rgould19545" wrote:

      I have a Peet Bros. Ultimeter 2000 that I'm having problems with getting it to work consistently with WUHU. WUHU support for the Ultimeter 2000 is not mentioned, but is should be similar if not the same to the Ultimeter 2100 from WUHU programing prespective.

      I'm running the latest WUHU version and often when I start WUHU I will not see updates from the Ultimeter console and everything is reported as OFL. Sometimes when I start WUHU it will immediately start reporting updates from the Ultimeter console and readings are reported correctly. It seems that when it does start correctly getting updates from the Ultimeter console, it has also at the same time reported an alarm. Here is the log for WUHU when it does not start updating and one where it does start updating:

      Sun Dec 16 20:11:42 2012 WUHU Application Started (1,0,216,212)
      Sun Dec 16 20:11:42 2012 WUHU monitoring started (WUHU216PEETBRO).
      Sun Dec 16 20:11:42 2012 Weather Underground ID: KCAWEIMA5
      Sun Dec 16 20:11:42 2012 PWSWeather ID: KCAWEIMA5
      Sun Dec 16 20:11:42 2012 Opened serial port COM4 successfully.
      Sun Dec 16 20:14:04 2012 WUHU closing via user request.

      Mon Dec 17 08:08:12 2012 WUHU Application Started (1,0,216,212)
      Mon Dec 17 08:08:13 2012 WUHU monitoring started (WUHU216PEETBRO).
      Mon Dec 17 08:08:13 2012 Weather Underground ID: KCAWEIMA5
      Mon Dec 17 08:08:13 2012 PWSWeather ID: KCAWEIMA5
      Mon Dec 17 08:08:13 2012 Opened serial port COM4 successfully.
      Mon Dec 17 08:08:17 2012 Alarm Pressure Falling has been activated.
      Mon Dec 17 08:28:20 2012 Alarm Pressure Rising has been activated.
      Mon Dec 17 08:28:20 2012 Alarm Pressure Falling has been deactivated.

      I've also had the situation where WUHU has been updating from the console for thousands of updates and then just stops.

      Any clues as to what may be going on? Any setup I may have missed?

      Ron