Re: I did it

  • GW
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 13, 2012
      I suggest once per month (or more often depending on what interval you have the datalogger set for) you close WUHU and open WL, download the data, and save the file somewhere as a backup. I email my file each month to a "cloud" email account just in case. Then restart WUHU and be on your merry way once again! :)

      Enjoy your station!

      My 968 is still hanging in there and my WS 2315 is too. I'm leaving them running just to see how long they'll last.

      Greg Whitehead
      Euchee, TN

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "laffert@..." <don@...> wrote:

      > I think with what I bought I should be able to basically set it up and change WUHU to connect to it and I should be done. Am I right?
      >
      > Thanks
      > Don

    • John Liss
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 13, 2012
        I use crashplan on my wx box, works great, every time the file changes
        a backup is made. For the free version of it, it will do backups to
        another computer every 24 hrs.
        Check it out.
        www.crashplan.com

        On 12/13/2012 6:24 PM, GW wrote:

        > I suggest once per month (or more often depending on what interval you have the datalogger set for) you close WUHU and open WL, download the data, and save the file somewhere as a backup. I email my file each month to a "cloud" email account just in case. Then restart WUHU and be on your merry way once again! :)
        >
        > Enjoy your station!
        >
        > My 968 is still hanging in there and my WS 2315 is too. I'm leaving them running just to see how long they'll last.
        >
        > Greg Whitehead
        > Euchee, TN
        >

        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "laffert@..." <don@...> wrote:
        >> I think with what I bought I should be able to basically set it up and change WUHU to connect to it and I should be done. Am I right?
        >>
        >> Thanks
        >> Don

      • Don Lafferty
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 13, 2012
          Thanks for the tip John.  I just installed in on my 2 main Windows machines.  I will probably put it on my Mac and Linux boxs too.

          Don

          On 12/13/2012 6:24 PM, GW wrote:

          > I suggest once per month (or more often depending on what interval you have the datalogger set for) you close WUHU and open WL, download the data, and save the file somewhere as a backup. I email my file each month to a "cloud" email account just in case. Then restart WUHU and be on your merry way once again! :)
          >
          > Enjoy your station!
          >
          > My 968 is still hanging in there and my WS 2315 is too. I'm leaving them running just to see how long they'll last.
          >
          > Greg Whitehead
          > Euchee, TN
          >

          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "laffert@..." <don@...> wrote:
          >> I think with what I bought I should be able to basically set it up and change WUHU to connect to it and I should be done. Am I right?
          >>
          >> Thanks
          >> Don

        • John Liss
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 16, 2012
            If there is one product for backups I will endorse is crashplan,  it's like wuhu.  Simple... just works

            It protects all my systems

            On 12/13/2012 6:24 PM, GW wrote:

            > I suggest once per month (or more often depending on what interval you have the datalogger set for) you close WUHU and open WL, download the data, and save the file somewhere as a backup. I email my file each month to a "cloud" email account just in case. Then restart WUHU and be on your merry way once again! :)
            >
            > Enjoy your station!
            >
            > My 968 is still hanging in there and my WS 2315 is too. I'm leaving them running just to see how long they'll last.
            >
            > Greg Whitehead
            > Euchee, TN
            >

            > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "laffert@..." <don@...> wrote:
            >> I think with what I bought I should be able to basically set it up and change WUHU to connect to it and I should be done. Am I right?
            >>
            >> Thanks
            >> Don

          • Don Lafferty
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 19, 2012
              Can someone confirm that there is no real reason to install the WeatherLink software on my computer if I plan to use WUHU only?

              I'm also kind of surprised that Davis wants you to pay a yearly fee to send them your data.

              Thanks

              Don

              P.S.  Station arrived today and I've got it communicating with the console but I don't plan to install the WeatherLink until this weekend when I actually install the sensor suite.
               Man is that rain bucket huge!

              On 12/13/2012 6:24 PM, GW wrote:

              > I suggest once per month (or more often depending on what interval you have the datalogger set for) you close WUHU and open WL, download the data, and save the file somewhere as a backup. I email my file each month to a "cloud" email account just in case. Then restart WUHU and be on your merry way once again! :)
              >
              > Enjoy your station!
              >
              > My 968 is still hanging in there and my WS 2315 is too. I'm leaving them running just to see how long they'll last.
              >
              > Greg Whitehead
              > Euchee, TN
              >

              > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "laffert@..." <don@...> wrote:
              >> I think with what I bought I should be able to basically set it up and change WUHU to connect to it and I should be done. Am I right?
              >>
              >> Thanks
              >> Don

            • touristua
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 20, 2012
                No reason. At least, WeatherLink is software from past (Windows 3.11 ha-ha) as I can see by design of WeatherLink window :)

                But WeatherLink always offer with data logger in the same box.

              • cpr@mtida.net
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 20, 2012
                  I'm fairly sure you'll need WeatherLlink to set up the console (things like lat/long, elevation and barometric pressure) and any time you need to update the barometer.

                  Jerry

                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 20, 2012
                    I would hope you can do the barometric pressure from the console.  In fact I would complain to Davis if you can't do all of that without WeatherLink as that would make it so you needed to spend a lot just to be able to access all the stuff inside the console.

                    Don

                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 20, 2012
                      I checked the manual and you can set all of this from the console without needing the software.
                      Don

                      On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 7:11 AM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
                      I would hope you can do the barometric pressure from the console.  In fact I would complain to Davis if you can't do all of that without WeatherLink as that would make it so you needed to spend a lot just to be able to access all the stuff inside the console.

                      Don

                      On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 6:51 AM, <cpr@...> wrote:

                      I'm fairly sure you'll need WeatherLlink to set up the console (things like lat/long, elevation and barometric pressure) and any time you need to update the barometer.

                      Jerry

                      > Can someone confirm that there is no real reason to install the WeatherLink
                      > software on my computer if I plan to use WUHU only?

                    • Phillip Potter
                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 20, 2012
                        I keep a copy of Weatherlink on my computer to download and archive the accumulative data from the VP2.  Otherwise, it's lost.

                        Phil_in_CA
                        CW2620
                        KCACOALI3
                        N6OMM

                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 20, 2012
                          That's a good idea but isn't my data archived on Weather Underground too?

                          On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Phillip Potter <p.potter@...> wrote:

                          I keep a copy of Weatherlink on my computer to download and archive the accumulative data from the VP2.  Otherwise, it's lost.

                          Phil_in_CA
                          CW2620
                          KCACOALI3
                          N6OMM

                          On 12/20/2012 8:43 AM, Don Lafferty wrote:

                          I checked the manual and you can set all of this from the console without needing the software.

                          Don

                          On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 7:11 AM, Don Lafferty <don@...> wrote:
                          I would hope you can do the barometric pressure from the console.  In fact I would complain to Davis if you can't do all of that without WeatherLink as that would make it so you needed to spend a lot just to be able to access all the stuff inside the console.

                          Don

                          On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 6:51 AM, <cpr@...> wrote:

                          I'm fairly sure you'll need WeatherLlink to set up the console (things like lat/long, elevation and barometric pressure) and any time you need to update the barometer.

                          Jerry

                          > Can someone confirm that there is no real reason to install the WeatherLink
                          > software on my computer if I plan to use WUHU only?

                        • KNHBRIST1
                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 20, 2012
                            You can also save your data through WUHU. Mine is set up to save my data and create a file each month.