WRM200USB uploads history, won't upload live.

  • jkwildman
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 28, 2012
      Hi,

      I'm a newbie to weather stations.

      Here's my situation:
      I am running the latest version software (WUHU216_32_B212.zip) on Windows 7 Starter Edition.

      I installed this once and had it uploading to wunderground (KMOKANSA50) just fine. I could shutdown the laptop and restart and history would upload and then start uploading live data at 1 minute intervals.

      I decided to change my WRM200 to log data at 15 minute intervals. At that point I could upload history, but no more updates would load until I shut down, collected some history, and started the laptop again.

      I uninstalled and reinstalled WUHU. to no effect.

      Does anyone have any ideas?

      Thanks,

      Jim
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 29, 2012
        On the main screen, do any of the values in the left most column contain "OFL"?

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "jkwildman" <jwkurtenbach@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm a newbie to weather stations.
        >
        > Here's my situation:
        > I am running the latest version software (WUHU216_32_B212.zip) on Windows 7 Starter Edition.
        >
        > I installed this once and had it uploading to wunderground (KMOKANSA50) just fine. I could shutdown the laptop and restart and history would upload and then start uploading live data at 1 minute intervals.
        >
        > I decided to change my WRM200 to log data at 15 minute intervals. At that point I could upload history, but no more updates would load until I shut down, collected some history, and started the laptop again.
        >
        > I uninstalled and reinstalled WUHU. to no effect.
        >
        > Does anyone have any ideas?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Jim

      • jkwildman
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 29, 2012
          Thanks for the response.

          Yes, several items are marked OFL (Windgust, DewPoint, the Rainfalls).

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 30, 2012
            This would suggest that one or more of your sensors is not reporting in. After 5 minutes or so this should result in errors being posted to the log regarding sensors that did not report in.

            You may need to re-synchronize your sensors to the console. There is a procedure to do that although I do not recall.

            Also, you might consider moving the console to a location closest to the sensors or move the sensors toward the console if they are out of range.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "jkwildman" <jwkurtenbach@...> wrote:

            > Thanks for the response.
            >
            > Yes, several items are marked OFL (Windgust, DewPoint, the Rainfalls).
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Jim

            > > On the main screen, do any of the values in the left most column contain "OFL"?
            > >

            > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "jkwildman" <jwkurtenbach@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi,
            > > >
            > > > I'm a newbie to weather stations.
            > > >
            > > > Here's my situation:
            > > > I am running the latest version software (WUHU216_32_B212.zip) on Windows 7 Starter Edition.
            > > >
            > > > I installed this once and had it uploading to wunderground (KMOKANSA50) just fine. I could shutdown the laptop and restart and history would upload and then start uploading live data at 1 minute intervals.
            > > >
            > > > I decided to change my WRM200 to log data at 15 minute intervals. At that point I could upload history, but no more updates would load until I shut down, collected some history, and started the laptop again.
            > > >
            > > > I uninstalled and reinstalled WUHU. to no effect.
            > > >
            > > > Does anyone have any ideas?
            > > >
            > > > Thanks,
            > > >
            > > > Jim

          • jkwildman
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 30, 2012
              All sensors are showing ok on the console. Also, everything that is "tanked up" in the console while my computer is off, loads to wunderground as soon as I startup WUHU.

              Do you still think I need to reset/rescan the sensors?

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 30, 2012
                Hmmm... That is odd. Did you see any messages in the log screen after 5-10 minutes? I would think that warnings would be posted?

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "jkwildman" <jwkurtenbach@...> wrote:

                > All sensors are showing ok on the console. Also, everything that is "tanked up" in the console while my computer is off, loads to wunderground as soon as I startup WUHU.
                >
                > Do you still think I need to reset/rescan the sensors?
                >
                > Thanks,
                >
                > Jim

                > > This would suggest that one or more of your sensors is not reporting in. After 5 minutes or so this should result in errors being posted to the log regarding sensors that did not report in.
                > >
                > > You may need to re-synchronize your sensors to the console. There is a procedure to do that although I do not recall.
                > >
                > > Also, you might consider moving the console to a location closest to the sensors or move the sensors toward the console if they are out of range.
                > >
                > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "jkwildman" <jwkurtenbach@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Thanks for the response.
                > > >
                > > > Yes, several items are marked OFL (Windgust, DewPoint, the Rainfalls).
                > > >
                > > > Thanks,
                > > >
                > > > Jim

              • jkwildman
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 1, 2012
                  Here's a snippet of the log. When history is done downloading, posting to wunderground stops and I get ofl for several calculated fields (dew point, etc.) from that point, it appears to be not uploading.

                  Thanks for helping me out!

                  Jim

                  Sat Dec 01 21:19:39 2012 > Request History (DA) sent to console succesfully.
                  Sat Dec 01 21:19:39 2012 > Request History (DA) sent to console succesfully.
                  Sat Dec 01 21:19:39 2012 > Request History (DA) sent to console succesfully.
                  Sat Dec 01 21:19:42 2012 > Request History (DA) sent to console succesfully.
                  Sat Dec 01 21:19:42 2012 > Request History (DA) sent to console succesfully.
                  Sat Dec 01 21:19:43 2012 > Request History (DA) sent to console succesfully.
                  Sat Dec 01 21:19:43 2012 > Request History (DA) sent to console succesfully.
                  Sat Dec 01 21:19:43 2012 > Request History (DA) sent to console succesfully.
                  Sat Dec 01 21:19:43 2012 > Request History (DA) sent to console succesfully.
                  Sat Dec 01 21:19:43 2012 > Request History (DA) sent to console succesfully.
                  Sat Dec 01 21:19:43 2012 > Request History (DA) sent to console succesfully.
                  Sat Dec 01 21:19:44 2012 > Request History (DA) sent to console succesfully.
                  Sat Dec 01 21:19:44 2012 > Request History (DA) sent to console succesfully.
                  Sat Dec 01 21:19:44 2012 > Request History (DA) sent to console succesfully.
                  Sat Dec 01 21:19:44 2012 > Request History (DA) sent to console succesfully.
                  Sat Dec 01 21:19:44 2012 > Request History (DA) sent to console succesfully.
                  Sat Dec 01 21:19:44 2012 > Request History (DA) sent to console succesfully.
                  Sat Dec 01 21:19:44 2012 > Request History (DA) sent to console succesfully.
                  Sat Dec 01 21:19:45 2012 > Request History (DA) sent to console succesfully.
                  Sat Dec 01 21:19:49 2012 > Request History (DA) sent to console succesfully.
                  Sat Dec 01 21:19:55 2012 > Request History (DA) sent to console succesfully.
                  Sat Dec 01 21:20:00 2012 > Request History (DA) sent to console succesfully.
                  Sat Dec 01 21:20:03 2012 > Request History (DA) sent to console succesfully.
                  Sat Dec 01 21:20:05 2012 > Request History (DA) sent to console succesfully.
                  Sat Dec 01 21:20:15 2012 > Request History (DA) sent to console succesfully.
                  Sat Dec 01 21:20:17 2012 > End of history retrieval detected. Entering live data mode.
                  Sat Dec 01 21:20:35 2012 > Ack (D0) sent to console succesfully.
                  Sat Dec 01 21:20:55 2012 > Ack (D0) sent to console succesfully.
                  Sat Dec 01 21:21:15 2012 > Ack (D0) sent to console succesfully.
                  Sat Dec 01 21:21:35 2012 > Ack (D0) sent to console succesfully.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 2, 2012
                    If you have not disabled any sensors in the tweak screen, eventually you should see an error in the log about which physical sensor did not report in. I believe it is 5 mins but it might be 10 minutes before the error is posted.

                  • jkwildman
                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 2, 2012
                      Well...
                      I wasn't getting any errors. But! We haven't had rain for quite a while and my rain gauge shows zero all the time. I went out and poured a cup of water into the rain sensor.

                      The base reported nothing!!

                      I reset both the Rain sensor and the console and...

                      Everything is working again!!