Re: Davis Weather Station

  • GW
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 18, 2012
      Here is one example of a Davis connecting device:

      http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=14063.0

      There are several others I think that make dataloggers/connectors there on wxforum.net. Do a search and good luck with your update. I did the WMR968 thing and love my Davis. Also, I run WUHU software.

      > Over in the weather forum, there is a guy selling his own developed hardware. I think it was around $50.
      >
      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "laffert@" <don@> wrote:
      > >
      > > It looks like my WMR968 rain gauge has stopped working.
      > >
      > > I'm now thinking about going with a Davis. I have some questions I hope can be answered.
      > >
      > > Is there a Davis station that doesn't need the Weatherlink? I've always seen someone buy a Davis for $350+ and then be told they needed to buy the Weatherlink for another $150+. That always seemed like such a ripoff.
      > >
      > > I have found a Vantage Vue on Ebay for $286 but I fear I will need to put out another couple hundred to get it online.
      > >
      > > Can someone give me the scoop on Davis please?
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > > Don

    • T
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 18, 2012
        Take a look at: http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?board=59.0

        There are some home brew systems to transfer data from the console to your computer.