Re: Did not replace suspect reading because this has happened more than 10 times

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2012
      The threshold of 0.10 InHg should be good for anything short of a hurricane.

      One thing you can do if you know for sure that the error is bad, like in the example of the accidental time shift, is to Exit WUHU and delete the "WUHU History.dat" file. This will purge all readings over the past X hours depending on the setting in the General Settings, Hours of weather data in memory.

      > I had similar when pressure dropped rapidly as Sandy went by
      >
      > Steve

      > > According to the message, there existed at least 1 reading of 29.99InHg in the previous ten minutes.
      > >
      > > Was this seen immediately after starting WUHU? Is WUHU reading the data from your console logger? What type of console is it?
      > >
      > > If there were other messages in the log previous to this one, that might be helpful as well.
      > >

      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "mdnagel" <mdnagel@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I recently starting getting these error messages:
      > > >
      > > > Tue Oct 30 21:36:10 2012 > Absolute pressure reading of 29.77 InHg detected when the average absolute pressure is 29.99 InHg (over past 10 minutes). Did not replace suspect reading because this has happened more than 10 times.
      > > >
      > > > The pressure of 29.77 was correct (as reporting by my weather station, and confirmed with another local station).
      > > >
      > > > I spotted someone else here who had a similar error message (only instance that I found), but it was related to rainfall (exiting bug?).
      > > >
      > > > I've tried everything, from editing out some clearly bogus entries in the WUHU ini file (history?), Heavy Weather Pro log file (via its software), to updating WUHU. I even tried removing (first making backup copies) the WUHU ini and database files and restarting. These errors keep popping up: I disabled logging pressure for now.
      > > >
      > > > This may have started when the date on my computer was accidentally shifted forward by a month (I won't mention that it was my wife who did this). This condition was only brief, I caught it and corrected within a matter of about 10 minutes or so.
      > > >
      > > > Up until all of this the set up was running for a good year w/o any problems.

    • mdnagel
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2012
        That did it, thanks!

        I had previously STOPPED WUHU, deleted the file and exited. Yeah, not the brightest (I was juggling lots of stuff and this just kind of popped up so I wasn't thinking real clear). WUHU re-writes the .dat file when it exits, in which case it was repopulating with the bad data.