Re: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Two Vue's and WUHU's

  • David Lipper
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 12, 2012
      On 2012-10-12 18:54, Eternal Danation wrote:

      Nice comparison right now...

      http://weatherbear.com/

      Ooh, very nice!
    • GW
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 13, 2012
        I'm glad you got everything working to your satisfaction! :)

        Comparisons can be interesting. That's why I have three different types of stations on the same pole and they're all using WUHU. So the only difference will be the stations, not the software.

        https://sites.google.com/site/tenmileweather/

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Eternal Danation" <weatherbear@...> wrote:

        > Nice comparison right now...
        >
        > http://weatherbear.com/
      • Eternal Danation
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 13, 2012
          So you're comparing the differences between station types, interesting. That's a cool idea. What have you concluded?

          My comparisons with 2 Vue's will show what I've always known, but still is kinda cool to see live. A station in the same yard, but about 100 feet lower, will read much cooler on a clear, calm morning. Thus far, it has been 3-4 degrees cooler with the morning low. And, since it is also sitting on a south facing hill, and somewhat wind protected, it reads 4-6 degrees warmer on a sunny day, especially during the fall & spring when the sun is hitting the hill slope pretty much perpendicular. The station on the hill also does better collecting rain, mainly due to the lack of wind. The storm yesterday showed .40 in my official 4" rain gauge, with .38 on the hill and .31 on the roof. Wind was blowing 5-15 mph most of the time, and I'm quite sure it affected the roof rain sensor. I even suspect a bit of wind deflection on the hill, as the direction was southerly. My 4" gauge is pretty much protected from wind from any direction.

          http://weatherbear.com/

          dan

          --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "GW" <gw333@...> wrote:

          > I'm glad you got everything working to your satisfaction! :)
          >
          > Comparisons can be interesting. That's why I have three different types of stations on the same pole and they're all using WUHU. So the only difference will be the stations, not the software.
          >
          > https://sites.google.com/site/tenmileweather/
          >
          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "Eternal Danation" <weatherbear@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Nice comparison right now...
          > >
          > > http://weatherbear.com/

        • GW
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 14, 2012
            Some differences were known before mounting the stations: one station is battery power only; one measures rainfall in 0.01 increments, one is 0.02 increments, and one is 0.04 increments; and they all update at different rates.

            But what I discovered is that they're all fairly close in their measurements, and all perform as expected. Also, it takes different amounts of wind to start the anemometers spinning.

            One of my reasons for putting them up was in case someone was interested in comparison if they were thinking about buying a type of station. However, I think the La Crosse and Oregon Scientific stations are no longer manufactured. So I guess I'll leave them up to see which one lives the longest.