Re: generic wuhu site BB?

  • marcelcanine
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 2, 2012
      I presume you are talking about the radar map. It does not belong to Weather Underground but to the National weather service.

      Mine returns to the same map everytime and shows my favorite locations.

      The save function there is to save the map as a file or so that you can print it out to use it for comparisons at a later time it is no a page save function.

      You are proably not getting answers from WU because they were bought by Weather Channle Companies (what ever that is) back in July. after that the help group was reduced/changed and they now seem to have less time to respond to help tickets and only to those that are of some importance.

      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "don_wa5ngp" <don_wa5ngp@...> wrote:

      > ok, off topic but here we go.
      >
      > I look at wundermap a lot.
      >
      > I always
      > check
      >
      > storm vectors
      > show precipitation instead of wind and temp.
      >
      > I click save preferences but it always comes back to the same defaults.
      >
      > Also it would be nice if when I go to my particular map view that setting of map coverage would also be saved so when I come back another day I see the same view.
      >
      > I'll try asking the question on that help window you mentioned.
      > I use firefox ver 15.01. I have not tried explorer lately, I'll give it another try.
      >
      > Don

    • Ken
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 2, 2012
        Your problem appears to be your Firefox configuration/addons.
        It looks like you aren't saving cookies but delete them or deny them.
        That stores the configuration options for the map. When you save, it stores a cookie. Firefox, at some point, is instructed to delete the cookie.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "don_wa5ngp" <don_wa5ngp@...> wrote:

        > I look at wundermap a lot.

        > I click save preferences but it always comes back to the same defaults.
        >
        > Also it would be nice if when I go to my particular map view that setting of map coverage would also be saved so when I come back another day I see the same view.
        >
        > I'll try asking the question on that help window you mentioned.
        > I use firefox ver 15.01. I have not tried explorer lately, I'll give it another try.
        >
        > Don

      • don_wa5ngp
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 2, 2012
          I was thinking it might be related to cookies. If others are not observing what I am then I'll look into the cookies settings. Maybe they are expiring too soon?

          tks for feedback.

          > Your problem appears to be your Firefox configuration/addons.
          > It looks like you aren't saving cookies but delete them or deny them.
          > That stores the configuration options for the map. When you save, it stores a cookie. Firefox, at some point, is instructed to delete the cookie.
          >
          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "don_wa5ngp" <don_wa5ngp@> wrote:
          > >

          > > I look at wundermap a lot.
          >
          > > I click save preferences but it always comes back to the same defaults.
          > >
          > > Also it would be nice if when I go to my particular map view that setting of map coverage would also be saved so when I come back another day I see the same view.
          > >
          > > I'll try asking the question on that help window you mentioned.
          > > I use firefox ver 15.01. I have not tried explorer lately, I'll give it another try.
          > >
          > > Don

        • John Celenza
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 2, 2012
            Hello,

            I'd like to help out here. Can someone give me steps to reproduce the issue. I'll install WUHU, but then what do I need to do? Write directly to john@... if you could.

            FYI, concerning our help system, we have our new support employees in place, and support tickets should be handled quickly now. During the transition (which admittedly took too long), getting support was a problem. I'm really sorry about that.

            Sincerely,
            John