Gust and currdat.lst

  • Joseph Kareh
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29 9:46 AM
      Hi all

      I'm using weather display software connected to the heavy weather of my ws2811, i was surprised that My gust speed in weather display all time is same as wind speed. After investigation i knew that HW did mention the gust in the currdat.lst thus wd will not recognize the gust but only speed.
      Guess its a big mistake by lacrosse...

      Any suggestions

      Regards

      Sent from my iPhone
    • Don Keating
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 29 11:32 AM
        HUGE mistake by LaCrosse. I've addressed this issue with them at least three times in the past, and through at least three seperate e-mail in a two week period. After the second they quit responding, big surprise there! HA! I told them many of their customers were likely not happy with that issue and wanted an update to address the situation. They said they'd "talk" about the issue in the future if it comes up. What??!! Guaranteed I'll never EVER purchase another of their stations, period. I won't even suggest them to anyone I know.

        Don

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 29 11:42 AM
          Hi don,

          Me as well, sent 2 emails to lacrosse, same respond for my mails,
          "We will report thus issue to..." Really i don't know why these guys are
          Lazy, especially that ws2810 is their newest ws!! And lots of people are complaining of this windgust issue, hope someone in lacrosse read these chats and proceed fixing this problem.

          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 30 4:37 AM
            I have got a 28xx and it does report some erzatz gusts on WU.

            http://classic.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KINPORTA5&day=29&year=2012&month=9

            I really don't think the new unit is terribly accurate. Got to be an improvement over the old propeller version, I guess.

            Sadly the price point most of us are comfortable with causes the ongoing quality and design issues from what's in the market.