frequency of update to wuhu

  • don_wa5ngp
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 14, 2012
      How can I change the frequency of events that is posted in the wuhu tabular data? Is this frequency controlled by the frequency that my station uploads the data? If so how do I change it? I'm running a lacrosse 2317 with the wuhu software heavy weather uploader, not using the Lacrosse heavy weather.

      I poked around in the configs, setup etc. I'm probably staring right at it but don't see it. I'd like to change it to every 10 minutes, its too frequent right now.

      Or does Wuhu itself control this?

      tks
      Don
    • don_wa5ngp
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 14, 2012
        I found it. You must turn it off first. However, the minimum upload time is set at 300 seconds. However, if that is the minimum then that implies that it might upload it more frequently? Minimum would mean it won't be any slower than that but may be faster? I want to slow it down.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "don_wa5ngp" <don_wa5ngp@...> wrote:

        > How can I change the frequency of events that is posted in the wuhu tabular data? Is this frequency controlled by the frequency that my >
      • marcelcanine
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 14, 2012
          I don't understand your reasoning but the number is the number of seconds between uploads. If you want in longer increase the number 600 would be 600 seconds or ten minutes.

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 14, 2012
            to be honest, I didn't really understand it either. It was set to 300 seconds, yet there were times posted with intervals of 60 seconds which is obviously less than 300. I was trying to rationalize why it might do it more frequently.

            As a test I'm setting it to 3000 seconds and rebooting the computer to see if that makes a difference.

            the fact that is says "min" update frequency is what doesn't make sense to me. It implies that it could exceed that.

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 14, 2012
              When rapid-fire is turned on, this field has no meaning for Weather Underground.

              When rapid-fire is turned off, this is the minimum time between uploads.

              The uploads occur only when new data is received. The time at which uploads occur is based on the type of station. Some stations update only 1 or more minutes while others update every 2.5 seconds. So the minimum time between uploads could be interpreted as "No faster than X seconds".

              If it is set to 300, uploads will occur no fast than once every 5 minutes irrespective of how quickly the station is providing data. If you want to upload every 10 minutes, double the value to 600.

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 14, 2012
                tks, that took care of it.
                don