Re: consecutive communications failures

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 8, 2012
      I'm sitting with just under 26K and the two numbers are the same. I think my 2317 was similar in reliability to what you are reporting.

      I had wondered if maintenance at WU might contribute to those weaker numbers. It'd often show up hourly in the early morning. Heath conjectured that it was the time attempt that might be giving the problem.

      > Ron,
      > at the bottom left side of the main WUHU screen where it shows updates.
      > I divide the left number by the right number.
      > Years past my success rate was in the low 80's and it still functioned just fine. If it were not for those numbers I would not have know I has un-successful updates.
      > WUHU has been improved over the years and I now get mid 90's success rate.
      > If yo think about it if you have a thousand updates over time and miss
      > 50 you have a 95% success rate, if you miss 100 you have 90%. That is really good. Even if you missed 200 I doubt it would really show up where you would see it in your data unless they were all consecutive.
      > So I tend not to worry if I get a few in a row.
      > Steve
      >

      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "ronw72" <1rondee@> wrote:
      > >

      > > Steve,

      > > "My update success rate right now is 96% , which is where it usually runs and I
      > > have been on wireless for the past few days."
      > >

      > > How do you determine the success rate?
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Ron
      > >

      > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "KNHBRIST1" <steve_03222@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I know this does not help any, but I have had my WS-2310since March of 2003 and it still works great (knock on wood), I run it wired any wireless and have very few communication errors.
      > > > My update success rate right now is 96% , which is where it usually runs and I have been on wireless for the past few days.
      > > > I have definitely gotten my moneys worth from the PWS.
      > > >
      > > > Steve

    • David Lipper
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 8, 2012
        I have been seeing periodic errors in the log, but chucked it up to Internet disruptions and server maintenance,
        and decided to just accept them.

        Today, I decided to check the ratio.
        I've been running my instance for a few months, so the numbers are fairly high.
        The main screen numbers show 99+%, so do setup/Wunderground and setup/CWOP (although CWOP in absolute terms has far fewer updates).

        I am now pretty happy with my upload success rate.

        On 2012-09-08 12:42, Ken wrote:

        I'm sitting with just under 26K and the two numbers are the same. I think my 2317 was similar in reliability to what you are reporting.

        I had wondered if maintenance at WU might contribute to those weaker numbers. It'd often show up hourly in the early morning. Heath conjectured that it was the time attempt that might be giving the problem.

        > Ron,
        > at the bottom left side of the main WUHU screen where it shows updates.
        > I divide the left number by the right number.
        > Years past my success rate was in the low 80's and it still functioned just fine. If it were not for those numbers I would not have know I has un-successful updates.
        > WUHU has been improved over the years and I now get mid 90's success rate.
        > If yo think about it if you have a thousand updates over time and miss
        > 50 you have a 95% success rate, if you miss 100 you have 90%. That is really good. Even if you missed 200 I doubt it would really show up where you would see it in your data unless they were all consecutive.
        > So I tend not to worry if I get a few in a row.
        > Steve

      • KNHBRIST1
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 8, 2012
          Yup,
          That is what I meant, even with some console update errors, you still send nearly all your updates to WU, etc. I am close to 99% there.
          Awekas not bad and CWOP 100%