Re: La Crosse 2316 temp sensor dead

  • ripvanbrown
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 6, 2012
      I did a quick check of the wires but not a thorough one. Guess that will be my next step. Aside from that, are there any other suggestions? Is pressing the "+" button for 2 seconds until it beeps the only step I need to take to try and re-establish the connection between the sensor and the base unit? Any way to test the sensor to see whether it's that or the wires - like with a multi-testor? Would just like to isolate the problem and not just throw the baby out with the bathwater. Thanks!

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 7, 2012
        I remember that my system used telephone wires between the temp sensor and the base unit.  My suggestion would be to get a new wire from Radio Shack or Walmart and test with that.  You can try a shorter wire if you have a telephone you can disconnect and  temporarily move the temp sensor to within reach of the base unit.  Wires can corrode at the connection or under the plastic, so a visual check may not find the problem.  I am having a similar problem with the battery cables in my older car.

        Sent: Friday, September 07, 2012 12:34 AM
        Subject: [wuhu_software_group] Re: La Crosse 2316 temp sensor dead

        --- In mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com, "chris" <chrisv78@...> wrote:

        > Just an idea â€" have you
        checked the wires? Make sure the connections have not corroded and that the wires did not get pinched somewhere.

        href="mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:wuhu_software_group%40yahoogroups.com