La Crosse 1612 Console Question

  • k5kee
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 18, 2012
      Hi All,

      My EOC purchased a weather station but unfortunately they did not get one with a PC interface. So now I'm on the hunt to see if we could replace the console with one compatible with the existing sensors that came with the 1612.

      Anyone know? If so, could you let me know the model of the console?

      Thanks,

      Deb
    • Ken
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 19, 2012
        What is an EOC. I am guessing a government commission and somebody snuck the purchase into an area that it isn't authorized for. Credit card, right? Can't return it because it would raise flags. Now you are coming to the tax payers to get bailed out?

        I am guessing that the WS-2810 console would work. Looks like the same stuff. LaCrosse would be your only source for console only and they charge full retail and a major fraction of what that station costs. But, what's a cost overrun. No biggy.

        Most people when they buy something and it isn't right, they return it. As a responsible taxpayer, I would recommend that.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "k5kee" <debkee@...> wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > My EOC purchased a weather station but unfortunately they did not get one with a PC interface. So now I'm on the hunt to see if we could replace the console with one compatible with the existing sensors that came with the 1612.
        >
        > Anyone know? If so, could you let me know the model of the console?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Deb

      • k5kee
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 19, 2012
          An EOC is an Emergency Operations Center. We have been fortunate enough to be given a new weather room for Skywarn and ARES/RACES operations in the EOC building. Along with the needed equipment to use for not only weather situations, but ham radio communications as well.

          As far as your comments about government and such, I take offense with them since you have NO idea what you are talking about. The new La Crosse was installed with great involvement, and I have no desire to take down all the sensors if they can be used with a different console. The 1612 console can still be used in another area of the facility. So, as a so-called "responsible taxpayer", you may be interested in knowing nothing will be wasted. It is a moderately large facility and having an extra wireless monitor in another location would be beneficial rather than wasteful.

          Thank you for your requested information. I will certainly research the 2810. As for your non-solicited comments, I would ask that you keep them to yourself or share them with a more appropriate group.

          Deb

          > What is an EOC. I am guessing a government commission and somebody snuck the purchase into an area that it isn't authorized for. Credit card, right? Can't return it because it would raise flags. Now you are coming to the tax payers to get bailed out?
          >
          > I am guessing that the WS-2810 console would work. Looks like the same stuff. LaCrosse would be your only source for console only and they charge full retail and a major fraction of what that station costs. But, what's a cost overrun. No biggy.
          >
          > Most people when they buy something and it isn't right, they return it. As a responsible taxpayer, I would recommend that.
          >
          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "k5kee" <debkee@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi All,
          > >
          > > My EOC purchased a weather station but unfortunately they did not get one with a PC interface. So now I'm on the hunt to see if we could replace the console with one compatible with the existing sensors that came with the 1612.
          > >
          > > Anyone know? If so, could you let me know the model of the console?
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > >
          > > Deb

        • Ken
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 19, 2012
            Most of the services you are talking about are Federal programs. You are saying the donor was not a government agency?

            KB9EU
          • k5kee
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 19, 2012
              I am saying, for this list, it makes no difference at all. But to set you straight, no, it is not a federal government, but a county government. Our EOC is funded by a grant they worked very hard for. Now, please ... no more off topic conversation on this. I will not be responding to it here again.

              > Most of the services you are talking about are Federal programs. You are saying the donor was not a government agency?
              >
              > KB9EU

            • KNHBRIST1
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 19, 2012
                Hey Deb,
                Good to hear from you again. Good luck with your EOC and the new weather station. I have no clue as to whether or not a different console will work, but hopefully someone will.
                Glad to see you are working with your local authorities, I have spent some time volunteering with our local CERT team.
                Steve
              • k5kee
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 19, 2012
                  Hey Steve!!!

                  It *has* been a while. I am neck deep in working with the county - all still volunteer. I got tagged to be the county Emergency Coordinator for ARES/RACES a few months back. And I'm on a rural volunteer fire department if you can believe that. Mostly doing Safety Officer stuff and paperwork. CERT is a terrific program! Ours is rather stale right now ... hope they get it going again.

                  So far I'm not finding a comparable console as of yet. We may just end up selling the one they got and buying a different model altogether. Now, if I just get a new station for my place! :)

                  Hope all is well with you ....

                  Deb