Re: [wuhu_software_group] My WX station and Wunderground

  • John Celenza
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 13, 2012
      Hi Mike,

      For a short period yesterday, your station was removed because our software decided your temperature was too hot.

      Is there any way sun was getting to your sensor yesterday? You got up to 112 F when folks closer to downtown Bakersfield only hit 105.

      I noticed that your area is right at the base of the foot hills, and maybe it was indeed hotter there. What are your thoughts? I was driving through Manteca yesterday, and wow, it _was_ hot!

      Thanks,
      John

      logo
      John Celenza Director of Technology,Weather Underground
      Tel: 415-983-2605  | Mobile: 415-794-8648
      www.wunderground.com

      On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 4:59 PM, Mike Derryberry <miked911@...> wrote:

      Can anyone tell me why my weather station is not showing up on
      Wunderground today? It's been there and working great. It is station id
      KCABAKER28.

      Thanks,
      Mike

      --
      miked911@...
      Mike Derryberry

      Dispatcher II
      Kern County Sheriff's Department
      Bakersfield, CA

      Listen to my department:
      http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3074/listen.pls

      Listen to Kern County Scanning:
      http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3070/listen.pls

      Listen to Central California Fire Scanning
      http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3072/listen.pls

    • Mike Derryberry
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 13, 2012
        On 8/13/2012 9:25 AM, John Celenza wrote:
        Hi Mike,

        For a short period yesterday, your station was removed because our software decided your temperature was too hot.

        Is there any way sun was getting to your sensor yesterday? You got up to 112 F when folks closer to downtown Bakersfield only hit 105.

        I noticed that your area is right at the base of the foot hills, and maybe it was indeed hotter there. What are your thoughts? I was driving through Manteca yesterday, and wow, it _was_ hot!

        Thanks,
        John

        logo
        John Celenza Director of Technology,Weather Underground
        Tel: 415-983-2605  | Mobile: 415-794-8648
        www.wunderground.com

        Hi  John ..

        My temp sensor is on the patio completely covered and surrounded by trees. Yes, it is usually hotter here than most of the other readings around town. I have a total of 3 thermometers on the patio and all run about the same temp, usually within a degree of each other. It's about 18 inches from the roof and gets lots of air circulation.

        And you are so right .. it's hot and humid!

        Thanks for your feedback and reply. I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens.

        Take care,
        Mike
        --
        miked911@...
        Mike Derryberry

        Dispatcher II
        Kern County Sheriff's Department
        Bakersfield, CA

        Listen to my department:
        http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3074/listen.pls

        Listen to Kern County Scanning:
        http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3070/listen.pls

        Listen to Central California Fire Scanning
        http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3072/listen.pls
      • Bob Tyszka
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 13, 2012
          On 8/13/12 9:25 AM, John Celenza wrote:

          Hi Mike,

          For a short period yesterday, your station was removed because our software decided your temperature was too hot.

          Is there any way sun was getting to your sensor yesterday? You got up to 112 F when folks closer to downtown Bakersfield only hit 105.

          I noticed that your area is right at the base of the foot hills, and maybe it was indeed hotter there. What are your thoughts? I was driving through Manteca yesterday, and wow, it _was_ hot!

          Thanks,
          John

          And I was driving through the Sequoia National Monument (Trail of the 100 Giants), Down to Ca. Hot Springs, dinner in Bakersfield then home!  Light rain and thunder on the 100 Trail, turned around and headed for the car.  Us desert rats melt in the rain.  Also we were not too comfortable standing next to those big lighting rods.

          Bob Tyszka
          California City, CA
          CW9012 / KCACALIF5

          Click
for California City, California Forecast

        • John Celenza

            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 14, 2012
              I checked my laptop HP Pavilion settings and drivers etc. and finally reason might be found (as I have not seen any communication problems after updates)
              I updated my nVidia nForce Chipset driver (sp36079)

              before that update there was a lot of this kind of messages :
              :Sun Aug 12 21:01:19 2012 > Detected consecutive communications failures. Attempting to recover by re-opening the port.
              Sun Aug 12 21:01:29 2012 > Attempting to re-open port COM4.
              Sun Aug 12 21:01:29 2012 > Port COM4 re-opened successfully, attempting to resume communications.
              Sun Aug 12 21:01:33 2012 > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data retrieved from console.

              Thank you for your support Wuhu Team!