WUHU can't write config file... was: Win 7 and Davis VP2 USB

  • Phillip Potter
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 11, 2012
      I finally got WUHU communicating with the VP2. Thanks for the input.

      I do have another rather weird problem, however... WUHU isn't able to
      write it's config file on exit, so when I restart, it comes up "stupid"
      regarding setup.

      As before, any suggestions gratefully accepted.

      Phil
      CW2610
      KCACOALI3
      Coalinga, CA
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 12, 2012
        That would sound like a permissions issue. Check the time/date on the last modified column to see if it was ever updated after install.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Phillip Potter <p.potter@...> wrote:

        > I finally got WUHU communicating with the VP2. Thanks for the input.
        >
        > I do have another rather weird problem, however... WUHU isn't able to
        > write it's config file on exit, so when I restart, it comes up "stupid"
        > regarding setup.
        >
        > As before, any suggestions gratefully accepted.
        >
        > Phil
        > CW2610
        > KCACOALI3
        > Coalinga, CA

      • marcelcanine
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 12, 2012
          My guess is that win 7 in all of it's smartness is writing the file to a different folder and WUHU is not finding it. Search for the file being somewhere else. Have no clue how to fix it.

          > That would sound like a permissions issue. Check the time/date on the last modified column to see if it was ever updated after install.
          >

          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Phillip Potter <p.potter@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I finally got WUHU communicating with the VP2. Thanks for the input.
          > >
          > > I do have another rather weird problem, however... WUHU isn't able to
          > > write it's config file on exit, so when I restart, it comes up "stupid"
          > > regarding setup.
          > >
          > > As before, any suggestions gratefully accepted.
          > >
          > > Phil
          > > CW2610
          > > KCACOALI3
          > > Coalinga, CA

        • RicardoC
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 13, 2012
            Hi.

            Try to run as admin. Right click on top of the executable and choose it.

            Or right click on properties and in compatibility tab (i think that's the one) at the bottom, click the option. You can also try to run in xp mode...

            Ricardo

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "marcelcanine" <marcelcanine@...> wrote:

            > My guess is that win 7 in all of it's smartness is writing the file to a different folder and WUHU is not finding it. Search for the file being somewhere else. Have no clue how to fix it.

            > > That would sound like a permissions issue. Check the time/date on the last modified column to see if it was ever updated after install.
            > >

            > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Phillip Potter <p.potter@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I finally got WUHU communicating with the VP2. Thanks for the input.
            > > >
            > > > I do have another rather weird problem, however... WUHU isn't able to
            > > > write it's config file on exit, so when I restart, it comes up "stupid"
            > > > regarding setup.
            > > >
            > > > As before, any suggestions gratefully accepted.
            > > >
            > > > Phil
            > > > CW2610
            > > > KCACOALI3
            > > > Coalinga, CA

          • phil_in_ca
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 14, 2012
              Thanks to all who helped me! I finally got a good install of WUHU running and all is good...

              Phil
              CW2610
              KCACOALI3
            • Don Keating
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 14, 2012
                Hi Group;

                Who created WUHU? Is there a place we can make a donation towards this fine program? Thank you.

                Don in Ohio

                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 15, 2012
                  Don,

                  I am the author of the program. I do have a pay pal account but have not investigate how to accept donations via the Web.

                  Thanks.

                  --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Don Keating <eobic@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Group;
                  >
                  > Who created WUHU? Is there a place we can make a donation towards this fine program? Thank you.
                  >
                  > Don in Ohio
                  >

                  > ________________________________

                • Mike Derryberry
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 15, 2012
                    On 8/15/2012 2:39 AM, wuhu_software wrote:
                    > Don,
                    >
                    > I am the author of the program. I do have a pay pal account but have not investigate how to accept donations via the Web.
                    >
                    > Thanks.
                    >

                    > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Don Keating <eobic@...> wrote:
                    >> Hi Group;
                    >>
                    >> Who created WUHU? Is there a place we can make a donation towards this fine program? Thank you.
                    >>
                    >> Don in Ohio

                    If you ever decide to take donations for your work, let us know. I'd
                    donate in a heartbeat. You have put together a great program and work
                    with everyone so well at working out the bugs they find!

                    Mike

                    --
                    miked911@...
                    Mike Derryberry

                    Dispatcher II
                    Kern County Sheriff's Department
                    Bakersfield, CA

                    Listen to my department:
                    http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3074/listen.pls

                    Listen to Kern County Scanning:
                    http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3070/listen.pls

                    Listen to Central California Fire Scanning
                    http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3072/listen.pls
                  • Chris Mattingly
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 15, 2012
                      Don, there's a pretty easy setup to follow on Paypal's site for setting up a donate button.  Check out
                      https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_web-tools

                      As long as donations remain under $10,000 you don't have to worry about being a verified non-profit. :)

                      Let me know if you need any help with it!

                      -Chris

                      On 8/15/2012 10:41 PM, Mike Derryberry wrote:

                      On 8/15/2012 2:39 AM, wuhu_software wrote:
                      > Don,
                      >
                      > I am the author of the program. I do have a pay pal account but have not investigate how to accept donations via the Web.
                      >
                      > Thanks.
                      >

                      > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Don Keating <eobic@...> wrote:
                      >> Hi Group;
                      >>
                      >> Who created WUHU? Is there a place we can make a donation towards this fine program? Thank you.
                      >>
                      >> Don in Ohio

                      If you ever decide to take donations for your work, let us know. I'd
                      donate in a heartbeat. You have put together a great program and work
                      with everyone so well at working out the bugs they find!

                      Mike

                      --
                      miked911@...
                      Mike Derryberry

                      Dispatcher II
                      Kern County Sheriff's Department
                      Bakersfield, CA

                      Listen to my department:
                      http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3074/listen.pls

                      Listen to Kern County Scanning:
                      http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3070/listen.pls

                      Listen to Central California Fire Scanning
                      http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3072/listen.pls

                    • GW
                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 16, 2012
                        I've tried to get him to do this for a couple of years now. If there ever is a donate button on this (or some other) page, I'll be sure to click it! I have three stations on one computer using this software and I couldn't be happier! :)