Re: Win 7 and Davis VP2 USB

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 11, 2012
      Well, it has been beaten to death but in many incantations so you are forgiven. :)

      Recommended by the author is the IOBit serial<>USB device. The various dongles have been an ongoing problem. These units are a bag of worms for many apps.

      That said I saw the following on the Silicon Labs website:

      <i>Download for Windows XP/Server 2003/Vista/7 (v6.5.3)

      The CP210x Manufacturing DLL and Runtime DLL have been updated and must be used with v6.0 and later of the CP210x Windows VCP Driver. Application Note Software downloads affected are AN144SW.zip, AN205SW.zip and AN223SW.zip. If you are using a 5.x driver and need support you can download archived Application Note Software. </i>
    • Don Lafferty

        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 11, 2012
          I finally got WUHU communicating with the VP2. Thanks for the input.

          I do have another rather weird problem, however... WUHU isn't able to
          write it's config file on exit, so when I restart, it comes up "stupid"
          regarding setup.

          As before, any suggestions gratefully accepted.

          Phil
          CW2610
          KCACOALI3
          Coalinga, CA
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 12, 2012
            That would sound like a permissions issue. Check the time/date on the last modified column to see if it was ever updated after install.

            --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Phillip Potter <p.potter@...> wrote:

            > I finally got WUHU communicating with the VP2. Thanks for the input.
            >
            > I do have another rather weird problem, however... WUHU isn't able to
            > write it's config file on exit, so when I restart, it comes up "stupid"
            > regarding setup.
            >
            > As before, any suggestions gratefully accepted.
            >
            > Phil
            > CW2610
            > KCACOALI3
            > Coalinga, CA

          • marcelcanine
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 12, 2012
              My guess is that win 7 in all of it's smartness is writing the file to a different folder and WUHU is not finding it. Search for the file being somewhere else. Have no clue how to fix it.

              > That would sound like a permissions issue. Check the time/date on the last modified column to see if it was ever updated after install.
              >

              > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Phillip Potter <p.potter@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I finally got WUHU communicating with the VP2. Thanks for the input.
              > >
              > > I do have another rather weird problem, however... WUHU isn't able to
              > > write it's config file on exit, so when I restart, it comes up "stupid"
              > > regarding setup.
              > >
              > > As before, any suggestions gratefully accepted.
              > >
              > > Phil
              > > CW2610
              > > KCACOALI3
              > > Coalinga, CA

            • RicardoC
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 13, 2012
                Hi.

                Try to run as admin. Right click on top of the executable and choose it.

                Or right click on properties and in compatibility tab (i think that's the one) at the bottom, click the option. You can also try to run in xp mode...

                Ricardo

                --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "marcelcanine" <marcelcanine@...> wrote:

                > My guess is that win 7 in all of it's smartness is writing the file to a different folder and WUHU is not finding it. Search for the file being somewhere else. Have no clue how to fix it.

                > > That would sound like a permissions issue. Check the time/date on the last modified column to see if it was ever updated after install.
                > >

                > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Phillip Potter <p.potter@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I finally got WUHU communicating with the VP2. Thanks for the input.
                > > >
                > > > I do have another rather weird problem, however... WUHU isn't able to
                > > > write it's config file on exit, so when I restart, it comes up "stupid"
                > > > regarding setup.
                > > >
                > > > As before, any suggestions gratefully accepted.
                > > >
                > > > Phil
                > > > CW2610
                > > > KCACOALI3
                > > > Coalinga, CA

              • phil_in_ca
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 14, 2012
                  Thanks to all who helped me! I finally got a good install of WUHU running and all is good...

                  Phil
                  CW2610
                  KCACOALI3
                • Don Keating
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 14, 2012
                    Hi Group;

                    Who created WUHU? Is there a place we can make a donation towards this fine program? Thank you.

                    Don in Ohio

                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 15, 2012
                      Don,

                      I am the author of the program. I do have a pay pal account but have not investigate how to accept donations via the Web.

                      Thanks.

                      --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Don Keating <eobic@...> wrote:

                      > Hi Group;
                      >
                      > Who created WUHU? Is there a place we can make a donation towards this fine program? Thank you.
                      >
                      > Don in Ohio
                      >

                      > ________________________________

                    • Mike Derryberry
                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 15, 2012
                        On 8/15/2012 2:39 AM, wuhu_software wrote:
                        > Don,
                        >
                        > I am the author of the program. I do have a pay pal account but have not investigate how to accept donations via the Web.
                        >
                        > Thanks.
                        >

                        > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Don Keating <eobic@...> wrote:
                        >> Hi Group;
                        >>
                        >> Who created WUHU? Is there a place we can make a donation towards this fine program? Thank you.
                        >>
                        >> Don in Ohio

                        If you ever decide to take donations for your work, let us know. I'd
                        donate in a heartbeat. You have put together a great program and work
                        with everyone so well at working out the bugs they find!

                        Mike

                        --
                        miked911@...
                        Mike Derryberry

                        Dispatcher II
                        Kern County Sheriff's Department
                        Bakersfield, CA

                        Listen to my department:
                        http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3074/listen.pls

                        Listen to Kern County Scanning:
                        http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3070/listen.pls

                        Listen to Central California Fire Scanning
                        http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3072/listen.pls
                      • Chris Mattingly
                        Message 11 of 13 , Aug 15, 2012
                          Don, there's a pretty easy setup to follow on Paypal's site for setting up a donate button.  Check out
                          https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_web-tools

                          As long as donations remain under $10,000 you don't have to worry about being a verified non-profit. :)

                          Let me know if you need any help with it!

                          -Chris

                          On 8/15/2012 10:41 PM, Mike Derryberry wrote:

                          On 8/15/2012 2:39 AM, wuhu_software wrote:
                          > Don,
                          >
                          > I am the author of the program. I do have a pay pal account but have not investigate how to accept donations via the Web.
                          >
                          > Thanks.
                          >

                          > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, Don Keating <eobic@...> wrote:
                          >> Hi Group;
                          >>
                          >> Who created WUHU? Is there a place we can make a donation towards this fine program? Thank you.
                          >>
                          >> Don in Ohio

                          If you ever decide to take donations for your work, let us know. I'd
                          donate in a heartbeat. You have put together a great program and work
                          with everyone so well at working out the bugs they find!

                          Mike

                          --
                          miked911@...
                          Mike Derryberry

                          Dispatcher II
                          Kern County Sheriff's Department
                          Bakersfield, CA

                          Listen to my department:
                          http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3074/listen.pls

                          Listen to Kern County Scanning:
                          http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3070/listen.pls

                          Listen to Central California Fire Scanning
                          http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3072/listen.pls

                        • GW
                          Message 12 of 13 , Aug 16, 2012
                            I've tried to get him to do this for a couple of years now. If there ever is a donate button on this (or some other) page, I'll be sure to click it! I have three stations on one computer using this software and I couldn't be happier! :)