WUHU and Win7

  • phil_in_ca
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 10, 2012
      I am sorry if this subj has been trampled to death, but I couldn't find anything with the search tool...

      I just swapped my computer to Win7 on an SSD and spinning hard drive for data. It seems to be a very stable and fast platform, but I have not been able to get WUHU to see my VantagePro2 USB.

      Win7 installed a driver for the USB connection called, "CP320x_VCP_Win_XP_S2K3_Vista_7" and I thought that I was good to go, but not true.

      I installed WeatherLink in an attempt to get connected, and it seems to work, but not WUHU...

      Any suggestions? Thanks ahead of time for any and all suggestions.

      Phil
      CW2610
      CACOALI3
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 11, 2012
        There is a program that you need to run that will install the virtual serial port (like COM5 for example).

        With the Weatherlink and other weather applications closed, under Start/Weatherlink run the CP210X USB to Serial Converter. This should create a new virtual serial port under Device Manager in Windows. You will need to use that COM port # for future communications with the console. Both WUHU and Weatherlink will need to be configured to use this virtual serial port but you cannot run both at the same time unless you purchase a 3rd party program called Virtual VP.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "phil_in_ca" <p.potter@...> wrote:

        > I am sorry if this subj has been trampled to death, but I couldn't find anything with the search tool...
        >
        > I just swapped my computer to Win7 on an SSD and spinning hard drive for data. It seems to be a very stable and fast platform, but I have not been able to get WUHU to see my VantagePro2 USB.
        >
        > Win7 installed a driver for the USB connection called, "CP320x_VCP_Win_XP_S2K3_Vista_7" and I thought that I was good to go, but not true.
        >
        > I installed WeatherLink in an attempt to get connected, and it seems to work, but not WUHU...
        >
        > Any suggestions? Thanks ahead of time for any and all suggestions.
        >
        > Phil
        > CW2610
        > CACOALI3

      • Al Allum
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 11, 2012
          Phil, I am running Windows in 64 bit and have WUHU installed.  I had to install it with the computer in safe mode.  Not sure if that made the difference.  I run in normal mode.  I turned off all the automatic updates.

          Al  KMIWASHI5