My WX station and Wunderground

  • Mike Derryberry
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 10, 2012
      Can anyone tell me why my weather station is not showing up on
      Wunderground today? It's been there and working great. It is station id
      KCABAKER28.

      Thanks,
      Mike

      --
      miked911@...
      Mike Derryberry

      Dispatcher II
      Kern County Sheriff's Department
      Bakersfield, CA

      Listen to my department:
      http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3074/listen.pls

      Listen to Kern County Scanning:
      http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3070/listen.pls

      Listen to Central California Fire Scanning
      http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3072/listen.pls
    • Sander Pool
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 11, 2012
        Hi,

        I noticed mine is gone too. The station history is still there but it's
        no longer shown on the map. It's like it's banished. Station KCTRIDGE4.
        A few weeks ago I added CWOP uploads, I wonder if it's related.

        Sander W1SOP
      • Mike Derryberry
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 11, 2012
          On 8/11/2012 4:56 PM, Sander Pool wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > I noticed mine is gone too. The station history is still there but it's
          > no longer shown on the map. It's like it's banished. Station KCTRIDGE4.
          > A few weeks ago I added CWOP uploads, I wonder if it's related.
          >
          > Sander W1SOP

          Just checked mine again and it's back. I just moved everything over to a
          new computer running Windows 7 and thought maybe that was the problem,
          but it's back just like it's supposed to be.

          Oh, well .. at least it's back :-)

          Mike

          --
          miked911@...
          Mike Derryberry

          Dispatcher II
          Kern County Sheriff's Department
          Bakersfield, CA

          Listen to my department:
          http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3074/listen.pls

          Listen to Kern County Scanning:
          http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3070/listen.pls

          Listen to Central California Fire Scanning
          http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3072/listen.pls
        • John Celenza
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 13, 2012
            Hi Mike,

            For a short period yesterday, your station was removed because our software decided your temperature was too hot.

            Is there any way sun was getting to your sensor yesterday? You got up to 112 F when folks closer to downtown Bakersfield only hit 105.

            I noticed that your area is right at the base of the foot hills, and maybe it was indeed hotter there. What are your thoughts? I was driving through Manteca yesterday, and wow, it _was_ hot!

            Thanks,
            John

            logo
            John Celenza Director of Technology,Weather Underground
            Tel: 415-983-2605  | Mobile: 415-794-8648
            www.wunderground.com

            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 13, 2012
              On 8/13/2012 9:25 AM, John Celenza wrote:
              Hi Mike,

              For a short period yesterday, your station was removed because our software decided your temperature was too hot.

              Is there any way sun was getting to your sensor yesterday? You got up to 112 F when folks closer to downtown Bakersfield only hit 105.

              I noticed that your area is right at the base of the foot hills, and maybe it was indeed hotter there. What are your thoughts? I was driving through Manteca yesterday, and wow, it _was_ hot!

              Thanks,
              John

              logo
              John Celenza Director of Technology,Weather Underground
              Tel: 415-983-2605  | Mobile: 415-794-8648
              www.wunderground.com

              Hi  John ..

              My temp sensor is on the patio completely covered and surrounded by trees. Yes, it is usually hotter here than most of the other readings around town. I have a total of 3 thermometers on the patio and all run about the same temp, usually within a degree of each other. It's about 18 inches from the roof and gets lots of air circulation.

              And you are so right .. it's hot and humid!

              Thanks for your feedback and reply. I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens.

              Take care,
              Mike
              --
              miked911@...
              Mike Derryberry

              Dispatcher II
              Kern County Sheriff's Department
              Bakersfield, CA

              Listen to my department:
              http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3074/listen.pls

              Listen to Kern County Scanning:
              http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3070/listen.pls

              Listen to Central California Fire Scanning
              http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3072/listen.pls
            • Bob Tyszka
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 13, 2012
                On 8/13/12 9:25 AM, John Celenza wrote:

                Hi Mike,

                For a short period yesterday, your station was removed because our software decided your temperature was too hot.

                Is there any way sun was getting to your sensor yesterday? You got up to 112 F when folks closer to downtown Bakersfield only hit 105.

                I noticed that your area is right at the base of the foot hills, and maybe it was indeed hotter there. What are your thoughts? I was driving through Manteca yesterday, and wow, it _was_ hot!

                Thanks,
                John

                And I was driving through the Sequoia National Monument (Trail of the 100 Giants), Down to Ca. Hot Springs, dinner in Bakersfield then home!  Light rain and thunder on the 100 Trail, turned around and headed for the car.  Us desert rats melt in the rain.  Also we were not too comfortable standing next to those big lighting rods.

                Bob Tyszka
                California City, CA
                CW9012 / KCACALIF5

                Click
for California City, California Forecast

              • John Celenza

                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 14, 2012
                    I checked my laptop HP Pavilion settings and drivers etc. and finally reason might be found (as I have not seen any communication problems after updates)
                    I updated my nVidia nForce Chipset driver (sp36079)

                    before that update there was a lot of this kind of messages :
                    :Sun Aug 12 21:01:19 2012 > Detected consecutive communications failures. Attempting to recover by re-opening the port.
                    Sun Aug 12 21:01:29 2012 > Attempting to re-open port COM4.
                    Sun Aug 12 21:01:29 2012 > Port COM4 re-opened successfully, attempting to resume communications.
                    Sun Aug 12 21:01:33 2012 > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data retrieved from console.

                    Thank you for your support Wuhu Team!