Re: Missing data

  • pelot@ovi.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 10, 2012
      I'm using USB serial adapter because of Laptop :) (not good idea, but need to use)
      can this usb serial driver potential issue been reason if Heavy Weather sw can read all data?

      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 10, 2012
        I would guess that it is the serial adapter and or driver for it that is causing the problems.

        The IOGear USB to serial adapter is the best one that I have found.

        --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "pelot@..." <pelot@...> wrote:

        > I'm using USB serial adapter because of Laptop :) (not good idea, but need to use)
        > can this usb serial driver potential issue been reason if Heavy Weather sw can read all data?

        > > Only data that is older than the last data received from the console is retrieved from the console memory. You can determine this by charting the data when the station has stopped communicating before restarting.
        > >
        > > If you are using a USB to serial adapter, try installing a real serial port, assuming you are not using a laptop.
        > >

        > > --- In wuhu_software_group@yahoogroups.com, "pelot@" <pelot@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > model is Technoline WS 2350.

      • Mike Derryberry
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 10, 2012
          Can anyone tell me why my weather station is not showing up on
          Wunderground today? It's been there and working great. It is station id
          KCABAKER28.

          Thanks,
          Mike

          --
          miked911@...
          Mike Derryberry

          Dispatcher II
          Kern County Sheriff's Department
          Bakersfield, CA

          Listen to my department:
          http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3074/listen.pls

          Listen to Kern County Scanning:
          http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3070/listen.pls

          Listen to Central California Fire Scanning
          http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3072/listen.pls
        • Sander Pool
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 11, 2012
            Hi,

            I noticed mine is gone too. The station history is still there but it's
            no longer shown on the map. It's like it's banished. Station KCTRIDGE4.
            A few weeks ago I added CWOP uploads, I wonder if it's related.

            Sander W1SOP
          • Mike Derryberry
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 11, 2012
              On 8/11/2012 4:56 PM, Sander Pool wrote:
              > Hi,
              >
              > I noticed mine is gone too. The station history is still there but it's
              > no longer shown on the map. It's like it's banished. Station KCTRIDGE4.
              > A few weeks ago I added CWOP uploads, I wonder if it's related.
              >
              > Sander W1SOP

              Just checked mine again and it's back. I just moved everything over to a
              new computer running Windows 7 and thought maybe that was the problem,
              but it's back just like it's supposed to be.

              Oh, well .. at least it's back :-)

              Mike

              --
              miked911@...
              Mike Derryberry

              Dispatcher II
              Kern County Sheriff's Department
              Bakersfield, CA

              Listen to my department:
              http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3074/listen.pls

              Listen to Kern County Scanning:
              http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3070/listen.pls

              Listen to Central California Fire Scanning
              http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3072/listen.pls
            • John Celenza
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 13, 2012
                Hi Mike,

                For a short period yesterday, your station was removed because our software decided your temperature was too hot.

                Is there any way sun was getting to your sensor yesterday? You got up to 112 F when folks closer to downtown Bakersfield only hit 105.

                I noticed that your area is right at the base of the foot hills, and maybe it was indeed hotter there. What are your thoughts? I was driving through Manteca yesterday, and wow, it _was_ hot!

                Thanks,
                John

                logo
                John Celenza Director of Technology,Weather Underground
                Tel: 415-983-2605  | Mobile: 415-794-8648
                www.wunderground.com

                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 13, 2012
                  On 8/13/2012 9:25 AM, John Celenza wrote:
                  Hi Mike,

                  For a short period yesterday, your station was removed because our software decided your temperature was too hot.

                  Is there any way sun was getting to your sensor yesterday? You got up to 112 F when folks closer to downtown Bakersfield only hit 105.

                  I noticed that your area is right at the base of the foot hills, and maybe it was indeed hotter there. What are your thoughts? I was driving through Manteca yesterday, and wow, it _was_ hot!

                  Thanks,
                  John

                  logo
                  John Celenza Director of Technology,Weather Underground
                  Tel: 415-983-2605  | Mobile: 415-794-8648
                  www.wunderground.com

                  Hi  John ..

                  My temp sensor is on the patio completely covered and surrounded by trees. Yes, it is usually hotter here than most of the other readings around town. I have a total of 3 thermometers on the patio and all run about the same temp, usually within a degree of each other. It's about 18 inches from the roof and gets lots of air circulation.

                  And you are so right .. it's hot and humid!

                  Thanks for your feedback and reply. I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens.

                  Take care,
                  Mike
                  --
                  miked911@...
                  Mike Derryberry

                  Dispatcher II
                  Kern County Sheriff's Department
                  Bakersfield, CA

                  Listen to my department:
                  http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3074/listen.pls

                  Listen to Kern County Scanning:
                  http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3070/listen.pls

                  Listen to Central California Fire Scanning
                  http://nyc05.egihosting.com:3072/listen.pls
                • Bob Tyszka
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 13, 2012
                    On 8/13/12 9:25 AM, John Celenza wrote:

                    Hi Mike,

                    For a short period yesterday, your station was removed because our software decided your temperature was too hot.

                    Is there any way sun was getting to your sensor yesterday? You got up to 112 F when folks closer to downtown Bakersfield only hit 105.

                    I noticed that your area is right at the base of the foot hills, and maybe it was indeed hotter there. What are your thoughts? I was driving through Manteca yesterday, and wow, it _was_ hot!

                    Thanks,
                    John

                    And I was driving through the Sequoia National Monument (Trail of the 100 Giants), Down to Ca. Hot Springs, dinner in Bakersfield then home!  Light rain and thunder on the 100 Trail, turned around and headed for the car.  Us desert rats melt in the rain.  Also we were not too comfortable standing next to those big lighting rods.

                    Bob Tyszka
                    California City, CA
                    CW9012 / KCACALIF5

                    Click
for California City, California Forecast

                  • John Celenza

                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 14, 2012
                        I checked my laptop HP Pavilion settings and drivers etc. and finally reason might be found (as I have not seen any communication problems after updates)
                        I updated my nVidia nForce Chipset driver (sp36079)

                        before that update there was a lot of this kind of messages :
                        :Sun Aug 12 21:01:19 2012 > Detected consecutive communications failures. Attempting to recover by re-opening the port.
                        Sun Aug 12 21:01:29 2012 > Attempting to re-open port COM4.
                        Sun Aug 12 21:01:29 2012 > Port COM4 re-opened successfully, attempting to resume communications.
                        Sun Aug 12 21:01:33 2012 > Communications error or invalid/corrupt data retrieved from console.

                        Thank you for your support Wuhu Team!

                        Lähetetty: perjantai 10.elokuuta 2012 23.17
                        Aihe: [wuhu_software_group] Re: Missing data